PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Henry Lowe

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Henry Lowe

Post by Paul Arden »

I'm sorry to hear that Henry Lowe has passed away. He was a charming man. I first met him just over 20 years ago when he taught me fly casting in preparation for my first instructor exam. An excellent fisherman too.

Thank you, Henry.

Cheers,
Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Tom Benson
Answers: 0

Henry Lowe

Post by Tom Benson »

Yes Paul..... Sad to hear of his passing over : I had an a couple of sessions with him.
Tom
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Henry Lowe

Post by Paul Arden »

We fished together a few times. A really excellent thinking fly fisherman that Uk Stillwaters are good at producing.

Flycasting Definitions
Tom Benson

Henry Lowe

Post by Tom Benson »

HI Paul.........I agree with you.......But ; there are some great fly fishers ( young )... coming through.
I still miss S Parton... et al ......
Tom
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Henry Lowe

Post by Paul Arden »

Of course. It's a great beginning. It's been very useful to me and I would always recommmend it as a great fishing experience - ie fishing for trout in Stillwaters of this nature. Ie those to be found in the Uk, Montana, Tasmania - with additions elsewhere but these have fish feeding in windlanes. And fishing Windlanes is the peak of Stillwater trout fishing. For me Stillwater trouting feels like a game of Chess. More than any other flyfishing I know!

Flycasting Definitions
Tom Benson

Henry Lowe

Post by Tom Benson »

:( :p Paul ...... I came from a small stream & River & Lake fishing regime ( not a good definition ) ; but you are right!
Stillwaters , were a great way to discover another way of Fly fishing.....
Here in the South East....... little else

Return to “Announcements”