PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Entry Restrictions.

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Entry Restrictions.

Post by Paul Arden »

Hey I’m curious as to why we restrict entry numbers to 8 per country per event? I know it’s a pretty tight schedule now but let’s say we had twice the entrants couldn’t we have twice the number of lanes/judges? More people, more knockouts to the finals... would be a more interesting competition too?

Now if we had 500 competitors then we have some serious organisation but also potential sponsors.

Ok I’ve just been in a triathlon with 2800 competitors. It was an official Ironman event. I have never seen such incredible organisation. There is some real money involved. Surely that’s where we want to go?

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Entry Restrictions.

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

At the moment we should have triple the amount if judges and twice the amount of lanes, triple for the spey events. And thats just to get things done within reason.
Lots of competitions have restrictions on amount of competitors, ideally the knickout has happened nationally, and its the top 8 in each event that participate, thats why its the world championships. Just imagine we have 40 nations i '20 with 8 in each event, men women and veterans... It'll take a fortnight to end :D

Sponsorship, yay, that would be cool, but I think we have to make it a spectator sport first, live results, an announcer, stuff like that ;)

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Entry Restrictions.

Post by Paul Arden »

But sponsorship comes with numbers. Cash comes with numbers. Announcers comes with cash. It has to be bigger.

There were 70 countries represented this weekend. 2800 participants. Make it open to everyone. Shorten the time slots. More heats. More interesting to watch - very important. Stick it in the middle of a city park.

That’s what I reckon - open it up! That’s what we all want - close entries when it’s max capacity.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson

Entry Restrictions.

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hmm, I doubt that...

You seriously want us to spend money for even less time?
And who will want to watch 500 people throw tails, and have temper tantrums about the conditions :D

And seriously, apart from Norway and Sweden, which country has had to turn down participants?

Cheers
Lasse

Michal Duzynski

Entry Restrictions.

Post by Michal Duzynski »

I think we could combine your thread with mine(about the location) Paul.
I would love to see the Fly Casting WC as a big event including pom pom girls.
There is so many boring sport events during olimpics, but still people watch it...

When I told back home that I came 15th in the World in my favorite event, they asked me laughing- from how many 20casters?

I mentioned Australia, as
1) they like any public event, turns everything to celebration
2) they like sport and suport it, especialy with young people
Every weekend, there is plenty things going on on sport ovals. Kids are kicking a ball, parantes are opening gazebos and setting bbq for sassuage sizzle. Man talk fishing with a stubbie in their hand and ladies are talking manicure.
Everybody try to invite their mates and small kicking ball Sunday becomes a big day out for a lot of people.

Not sure how it works with FC WC, but it would be really great to see it as a big event- and once in 2 years I dont think its too much to ask.
cheers
mike
Lee Cummings

Entry Restrictions.

Post by Lee Cummings »

Lasse Karlsson wrote: And seriously, apart from Norway and Sweden, which country has had to turn down participants?
The UK had casters loose out on spey, salmon overhead and sea trout positions.
Lee Cummings

Entry Restrictions.

Post by Lee Cummings »

Paul
At the moment there is the potential for each nation to field a team192 strong. The sad part about all this utopia is that the few that are prepared to do the work will end up having to triple or quadruple their efforts in order for it to happen.
Lasse Karlsson

Entry Restrictions.

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Lee Cummings wrote:
Lasse Karlsson wrote: And seriously, apart from Norway and Sweden, which country has had to turn down participants?
The UK had casters loose out on spey, salmon overhead and sea trout positions.
So three out of 20 countries. Will it be the same when the UK is going to Sweden in 2020 Lee?

Cheers
Lasse

Lee Cummings

Entry Restrictions.

Post by Lee Cummings »

We will know on January 1st as to what places are available, at the moment the majority of the team is planning on making Sweden.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Entry Restrictions.

Post by Paul Arden »

I’m trying to understand the thought process here. Do you guys want to make it big or keep it small?

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Casting Sport”