PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Club Competitions

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Club Competitions

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi guys,

We are in the middle of setting up the Malaysian Fly Fishing Team. Hopefully if we are fast enough we can find a team of five to fish in Tasmania. Currently we have 3 confirmed. Leaving it a bit late but maybe we can get out application for FIPS-Mouche in on time!

But also - and this is the bit I’m posting about - we are setting up a competition casting scene where will compete every month in KL. Our first official comp is Dec 1. If you are in KL and want to compete then please get in touch.

One idea that I have is to compare competitions here in Malaysia with other club meets - for example Bart is setting up a team in the Netherlands. And we can attempt to set up monthly comps. Of course Malaysia is hot and still and our distance results will be on the short side, however an International “Fight club” sort of deal I think could spur us on!

So if you have a casting club and would like to compare results from your comps with ours then please let me know and we can do this!

Thanks, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
James9118
Answers: 0

Club Competitions

Post by James9118 »

Paul, Bart - have either of you thought about what events you plan to cast? i.e. World Championship disciplines only or other stuff that uses the tackle that is used most common to where you're local?
bartdezwaan

Club Competitions

Post by bartdezwaan »

Hi James,

We talked about it last weekend.
There is no final decision yet, but I think we are going to take the BFCC as an example.
I think it has just the right balance between competition and fun/accessibility.

I expect we still have some work to do to get to a competitive level. Therefor we need as much people into the sport as possible.

Cheers,
Bart
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Club Competitions

Post by Paul Arden »

We’re looking at world tackle and BFCC tackle as well as the odd shootout weird stuff for fun. We will be limited at the beginning because Casting Sport is new here and while I have a T38 Rod here which doubles as a T27 outside of normal FFing gear that is it! I don’t know how many of the guys will be interested in the DHD. We shall see!

What we can and will commit to is accuracy, 5WT and 27G. We do have a problem here in the tropics however and may have to use tropical MED5s.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson

Club Competitions

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Sounds interesting, might be up for that :D

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Club Competitions

Post by Paul Arden »

Excellent. Our first meet will be December 1st. For sure accuracy, trout and sea trout distance events. Don’t expect high numbers because it’s hog and still. But will be fun and it’s a starting point for us. Hopefully you’ll meet some of these guys in Sweden if that’s where we are in 2020.

I’ll post the results and we can have a table with all Dec entries. Maybe we can start measuring things like conditions and post these too? Would certainly make for some interesting readings.

We will compete every month so if you’re up for it, even if you’re just a very small club then all good. I’m thinking people like Mike in Brisbane who is casting alone. You’ll need a time keeper and a judge! I’ll try to make a short video of the event.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski

Club Competitions

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Good luck mate.
Here in Brisbane it is a tough one.
On the meeting with Simon G. there was over 30 guys, only 1 was intrested in distance casting.
My big hope is to organize something decent together with Bruce Rattcliff in Melbourne in June 2019.
Im working on an email to send to clubs ( again) and see if there is an intrest

Cheers
Mike
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Club Competitions

Post by Paul Arden »

What about Jacko? Maybe you could inspire Jacko to compete together once per month and post results. I had a long chat with Bart last night and he’s very keen. It will also help the three of us for example because even though at the beginning we will be doing more teaching than competing (probably) we will have a monthly tally against each other. And I know how much both Bart and you like to beat me :D :D :D

Furthermore when you both finally come fishing with me in Malaysia we can coincide your arrival with a casting meet in KL so I can take you straight from the airport and put you on the casting field :cool:

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
bartdezwaan

Club Competitions

Post by bartdezwaan »

You are full of good ideas Paul :D
Please be aware I will again crush your #5 record in KL. :sorcerer:

I have bought the domain flycasting-sport.nl
If you guys are interested, we can use it to post all our international results.

Cheers,
Bart
bartdezwaan

Club Competitions

Post by bartdezwaan »

Strange. I cant edit my post.
I meant flycasting-sport.com. .nl is for the dutch team ;)

Cheers,
Bart

Return to “Casting Sport”