PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Snowbee prestige XS line (treatment)

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

nicholasfmoore

Snowbee prestige XS line (treatment)

Post by nicholasfmoore » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:28 pm

Hello all,

I recently bought a snowbee prestige XS orange line for teaching. I spooled it on my reel, and had a quick throw with it yesterday. My first thoughts were "wow, this line is awful!" It was dry as a bone and started screeching on the rings, it didn't shoot properly at all.

This line was bought from a reputable UK dealer, so i do know that it is not a fake line. :sorcerer:

My question is, should you use the line slick that comes with the line, or would the scientific anglers line slick be ok for it? The SA line slick is my favourite. :pirate: It seems a bit ridiculous that you have to treat your line before you use it, especially when it has come from the factory. SA lines work perfectly out of the packet, why can't this?

All the best!

Nick

Graeme H

Re: Snowbee prestige XS line (treatment)

Post by Graeme H » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:58 pm

Yes, you need to put something on those lines to slacken them. I don't know why they do that.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI

Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:53 pm

Not sure. Have they moved to barstool? :laugh:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

bartdezwaan

Post by bartdezwaan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:37 pm

Does your rod have recoil guides?
The snowbee line slick works fine. I have used quit some different brands (also SA) and did not notice a big difference as long as they have sillicon in them. Both SA and Snowbee contain sillicon.

Cheers, Bart

nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:26 pm

Thank you, both. That is very helpful. I was taken by surprise when i had a quick chuck with it (without the dressing) but now i have put it on, it is quite a nice line. The head is a lot shorter than what i'm used to, i do love the SA EDC lines, and any line with a long head really.

Most of my rods have the REC recoil single foot guides, and i do know that these can 'sing' :sorcerer: Thanks for the information regarding the silicone, Bart. I know the SA has a label with the substances used to make the product, however, the Snowbee line slick bottle didn't come with one, only a label that said Snowbee line slick or something similar.

What does everyone else think of the line?
Paul Arden wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:53 pm
Not sure. Have they moved to barstool? :laugh:
Haha Paul! :laugh:

all the best

Nick

Return to “Tackle”