PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

CCI Burn Out

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: CCI Burn Out

Post by Paul Arden »

bartdezwaan wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:52 am Paul. For the CI there is a study guide.
If you follow it I think you should be able to pass.

Cheers, Bart
Create a proper syllabus and training programme and it’s not about passing; it then becomes about raising the standard! It also gets rid of the crap that Marshall experienced.
:pirate:

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: CCI Burn Out

Post by Paul Arden »

For example here is a fairly comprehensive syllabus https://web.uri.edu/teachonline/files/S ... an-Wyk.pdf
(just picked randomly from an Internet search for syllabus examples). What I would do as part of the whole exam experience is a formal study group (there is a CI and a MCI study group but it's an open ended thing and neither are particularly active at the moment). Instead of what they currently have you could have a formal 4-6 month online training program for the theory. In many ways not unlike what I and others already do. For example for HT owners I go through the test theory over about 3-4 months prior to the test. Same deal I've offered you of course. But what I'm thinking here is that associations should have groups of say a dozen at a time and go through the exam theory task by task in a properly structured online course. They pay for it of course and it's part of the exam fee. However it's part of their training and they must do the course.

Just think what you could cover; safety and lesson plans, these could be done properly. You can also cover theory but also methods of teaching. It's massive in terms of what can be done. That's a far cry from what they have now, which may be mentoring schemes, getting a lesson from an MCI here and there, and a reading list.

Me personally I'd have it run by MCIs training to become examiners but it would have to be extremely closely monitored to stop problems like Marshall encountered. After a couple of years that course would be slick.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Teaching”