PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Pull the line first.

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Re: Pull the line first.

Post by Paul Arden » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:29 pm

It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Bianchetti Ivan

Post by Bianchetti Ivan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:04 pm

🙏👍

Bianchetti Ivan

Post by Bianchetti Ivan » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:38 am

Going back to my old idea, (leave the left arm forward), I did some tests, throwing diero, the right shoulder goes behind and the left, goes ahead, usually we, if the right goes forward, we bend the left and we go to the right shoulder, takes the line puts it in tension and when the right is in position pulls, if we keep the left forward we can maintain tension simply by raising the arm by bending the elbow, when the right returns the left arm straightens, keeping the tension, here according to me the left does a different thing, it can go down vertically without making curves and have a super fast stop. (I didn't know how to be short)It's just a test, I'm not sure, what's better, my muscular habit is fighting me😳😁

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by Paul Arden » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:43 pm

Hi Ivan,

I’ve always liked the “closed stance” with a step cast. The “Hartman Shuffle”. For me it’s always felt “open” and not “closed”. Personally I think it’s better to start the haul with a bent elbow, since I believe that the acceleration coming from the elbow straightening is far higher than swinging from the shoulder.

However it’s such a major difference between strokes, that to be at top form, I need to just concentrate on one. It’s a major commitment too, 2-3 months of training in that style.

I haven’t decided yet but I’m thinking for the next Worlds to throw closed/step/right foot forward. I’ve been closed for the first two and open for the last three. So a change could be good for me.

I get my house boat in two weeks time. The roof will be my casting platform :D Yay!!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Bianchetti Ivan

Post by Bianchetti Ivan » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:05 pm

I envy you, too beautiful!😁😁

Return to “Flycasting”