PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Flexibility

Moderator: Haggisboy

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Flexibility

Post by Paul Arden »

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this :p but is anyone doing yoga for flexibility? I’ve been putting my body through quite a lot of hard work over the past 18 months. (I was expecting to compete in a few long distance triathlons this year – postponed again!). I’ve definitely lost some flexibility. I can usually always tell when someone does yoga. And I would imagine that it would be good for distance casting. Anyone here with any expertise or knowledge? There appears to be a few different branches/styles, not unlike another world I know.

Thanks, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Re: Flexibility

Post by Paul Arden »

I downloaded an App last night and I’m feeling a deep sense of connection to the Earth’s energy field. But my knees are still stiff.

Flycasting Definitions
Tangled
Answers: 0

Post by Tangled »

Sod your yoga, fix the db.

Just sayin' ;-)
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

:D

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Let me know if the app is good, and which it is, have to get started, unflexibel like I have never been before, and I have never been flexibel....

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

It has annoying adverts and an annoying voice but I’ll learn the 20 minute basic work out in Simply Yoga - Home Instructor App and take it from there. I like the warrior pose. There is a tree pose that nearly saw me fall in off the Battleship roof. I’ll do this 1-2 times/day and we will see where it goes. I definitely feel it. I imagine it will take 1-2 months but I expect results. It certainly beats my normal stretching routine but what the locals will make of it I have no idea.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
daniel

Post by daniel »

Yoga with Adrienne on Youtube is really good. Short beginners videos and also 30 day yoga series'. I need to start back at it actually. Flexibility gone downhill fast after a couple of injuries in the last year.

Return to “Manshit”