PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

WC2022

George C
Answers: 0

Re: WC2022

Post by George C »

Yes, indeed.
Impressive casts, John, and impressive results.
Congrats
George
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

John's impressieve casting in the trout qualification:

And John's impressieve casting in the final:

John, watching you cast was one of the highlights of this world championship!

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Thanks Craig, much appreciated.

John
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Thanks George, appreciate your post.

John
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Thanks Lasse,

It was great to catch up again mate, been too long since Cumbria. Sweden will come around quickly and sounds exciting, let's hope the world is a better place when we next have a chance to catch up. (that includes rods arriving on the same flight as casters). I really enjoyed watching some great casting from so many people. Conditions were a factor, I watched the first few casters in the Men's Trout Distance event cast brilliantly whilst faced with adverse conditions and saw one caster personify what sport is really about. It was worth travelling halfway around the world to watch him compete with such aplomb and integrity. He did not win a medal but was the caster of the tournament in my opinion.

John
sms

Post by sms »

Sir John, it was a real pleasure talk and touch your shoulders with a rod afrer your trout distance final. It was jaw dropping performance.

Conditions were definitely a factor, especially on trout distance. Stefano De Martini with his absolute diamond casting performance (my pick of the games) got relegated among others who suffered fron the wind conditions.

I got my gear and clothes during the banquet so I got change to a clean shirt mid party. I also got, with some other great blokes, to join the undercover blue&yellow team.

So I got sweaty clothes, smelly shoes, my gear, apparently covid, couple of certificates, undercover shirt, practice motivation and gazillion tons of good memories of the time with all the great guys and gals there. Can’t wait to see you again. And maybe beat you. 😉
I'm here just for the chicks.

-Sakke
Stefano De Martini

Post by Stefano De Martini »

In life ad of course In this sport the most important thing is do not disappoint yourself. I'm convinced that when you have done everything you have trained hardly for...in that moment you succeed. Of course I would preferred to climb the staircase of the podium, but that's life :( . Gettting compliments from people like John and Sakke is already a very important medal. Thanks
Dirk le Roux

Post by Dirk le Roux »

Real chuffed for John!

Does anyone have footage of the men's trout distance finals? I am particularly interested to see Henry Mittel's (USA) technique.

All the best,
Dirk
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Dirk

I have a short clip, hope someone also have from the qualifications, because Henry had some pointers from the former world champion and changed technique between qualifications and finals.

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Thanks Sakari, thoroughly enjoyed your company and your sense of humour. Not sure if I will get to Sweden but irrespective, blokes like yourself make the event what it is. The casting is fun but the company is "funner".

Thanks for that video Lasse, still an arm centric movement but trying to change. Ulrik sent me some videos that I can use in my research.

Thanks Dirk, you assisted me greatly a few year ago with your casting analysis videos, they tell a powerful story.

John

Return to “Casting Sport”