PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Hello from Sydney!

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
Mike-L
Answers: 0

Re: Hello from Sydney!

Post by Mike-L »

Graeme H wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:03 am Ooh, I didn't know he had it out as an eBook. Can you post the link please? (I borrowed a copy of the actual book in 2018 but I'll buy the electronic version today if I can get it.)

Spey casting is definitely a rare skill in Oz. I'm probably the only person in WA who can do them, but there are a few who are getting interested in learning.

I didn't think I would use the casts much before I learnt them. How wrong I was!!! I use them many times in any session of fly fishing. I mainly fish salt water from a boat, so changing direction is very common. Spey casts are change-of-direction casts.
Glad you found it Graeme! I've also acquired a spey line to see if it improves my roll cast.
Paul Arden wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:34 pm Well he had better! I’ve known Simon for over 25 years.
You know what they say, birds of a feather flock together 😎

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”