PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Habits and Motivation

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

Morsie
Answers: 0

Re: Habits and Motivation

Post by Morsie »

I would like to put Joe Humphries B&A cast into my universe. Fantastic, something else to practise.
Make your explanations as simple as possible, but no simpler. A Einstein.
VGB

Post by VGB »

I’ve used the scrunching up of line that he demonstrates at the end and it’s quite timing sensitive for the drop but lethal when you get it right. I should practice it more :blush:
Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Carol

Post by Carol »

So many great thoughts that led down the deer trail to B&A casts. Bernd, I totally agree with being enthusiastic. I’ve been impressed by Haye’s enthusiasm and humor. It inspires me to try to find ways to teach using humor. When teaching one women’s group, I was trying to teach them to side arm cast so they could see their loops. Many were not keeping their hands supinated and they rotated their arms around their body. So I came up with the Paris Hilton walk, keeping my hand turned up and moving it in a straight line across my body as I did a very bad model-walk and flipped my hair. Everyone laughed and got the idea. We then pantomimed it.

About B&A’s, that’s the first video demo i’ve seen. Makes sense after seeing it. I too have wondered why it’s not part of the CI exam. It’s such a tremendously useful cast and I’ve often gotten into situations where I wished I was proficient with it. Guess that’s motivation. But then I forget to practice it.

Right now, just getting out to practice is taking enough discipline. Adding video to that regularly is my next step because it’s so revealing. I once read something by Tim Rajeff that those who watch their backcast progress 3x faster than those who don’t. I think video has even more of an effect.

Lycra? My ex once ran a 5K wearing Lycra. He was not fit. That image is scarred into my memory. I wish I could unsee it. Hmm. I wonder if any of those women students wish they could unsee my Paris Hilton walk. 🤣🤣
Carol
Because it's painful getting flies out of spruce trees.

Return to “Teaching”