PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Stockholm Sweden – Ankara Turkey

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
Johan
Answers: 0

Re: Stockholm Sweden – Ankara Turkey

Post by Johan »

Still a mammoth task to most of us :)

I hope to meet you one day!
/Johan
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Your bet! Hopefully we can have a get-together in Sweden after the WCs. If that all happens I’ll plan a few weeks fishing there :) :) I’d love to visit Turkey some day too. We’ll see. By the sounds of it I might need to wear running shoes or carry a machete!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Johan
Answers: 0

Post by Johan »

🙂 Turkey comes with a few challenges. Most "ordinary people" don't speak english.
They have little understanding for "the outdoors" and hobbies. Although some do angling for whitefish. Cheep are common and the hearders sheepdogs are ferocious.
Generally people are working 7 days a week, have strong family ties and cild- and elderly care is carried out by the families. The upside is that this keep them away from disturbing trout habitats.

The pro's.
National code of conduct. It's important to be friendly to visitors and guests.

A huge country with lots of seasonal snow covered mountains with creeks, lakes and rivers. Highest mountain peak is 5100m. Enormous flats and a desert that saw scores of early crusaders perish.

At the moment I'm asking my turkish wife for helping me to establish a serious trout fishing network. She has a massive medical network, and doctors across the nation are happy to help.
When there is something to tell I will post about it in a proper place on Sexy loops.

A 2022 gold medalist in the two handed 16-18" senior class is a friend of mine. Esa, living in Piteå - just at Bernt. Esa is partially working for the Swedish casting federation as an "inspirator", salesman in other words 🙂

Would be fun to meet!

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”