PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Re: BFCC Kent 2023

Commenting on the Sexyloops’ Front Page
Stoatstail50
Answers: 0

Re: BFCC Kent 2023

Post by Stoatstail50 »

All you need is one other caster who is as serious as you and that’s where it all starts.
And you save £15 too :)
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Re: BFCC Kent 2023

Post by Paul Arden »

Well you would expect that they attend BFCC meets when possible. We always used to join the end of season meet in Brentford. Somewhat hungover mostly.
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
whinging pom

Post by whinging pom »

I’ll be going to Kent which is probably a 6 hour round trip for me. But I ve been to enough now to know it’s a full day and I always come away improved by the experience.

The only possible thing than got stop me is if the mayflies are still on. It’s so useful to see where the trout are feeding before the leaner months come in and we need to prospect a bit.
But..there’s also pullback to master and I doubt if there will be a field in England with such a wealth of knowledge and guidance to help with that conundrum
Tough call … I’ll probably be in Kent!
WP
The Duffer of the Brook !

Nothing is Impossible: :???: I do Nothing everyday .
James9118

Post by James9118 »

Well that was an incredibly tight competition - Bart didn't have it all his own way this time although he did take a win in the #7 (and nabbed the record from me - 153ft). The overall event result was the tightest it's ever been with just 1 point covering the top three places. Ultimately it turned out that I won (on countback of second places, having tied also on wins) from Kei and with Bart third. This was despite me having a terrible start in the accuracy event.

Thanks to those who have supplied virtual entries - we'll include these in the results.

James
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

153’ with the 7WT is an awesome cast!

Flycasting Definitions
James9118

Post by James9118 »

Paul Arden wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:09 am 153’ with the 7WT is an awesome cast!
Things seem to be moving on at a pace recently - Mike Marshall's #7 record of 142ft lasted a decade, I beat this (twice) and thought my 150ft record may last a while - it only stood for 2 years (although I still have it as an 'oldies' record :D )

Similarly your #5 record also stood for a decade at 130ft, yesterday the top 3 (Nick, Bart and myself) cleared that distance. I suspect 140ft will go on the right day (Bart hit 139 after the competition had ended yesterday). Interestingly we all did it with different lines - Nick with the Ballistic, Bart with the MED and me with the new Celestial competition.

James.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I think it’s a collective thing. When you amass more people who can push the limits then everyone gains. That’s great! :pirate:

Flycasting Definitions
ChrisBaty

Post by ChrisBaty »

Some amazing distances there, well done. Was fun putting together a virtual entry for a couple of us here in Victoria (Aust). Gives me some ideas on including interstate casters in our own little get togethers. Will try and submit a virtual entry into the next meet at Dodleston also, see if I can get over 100 mark.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Conditions also make a huge difference Chris. Here in the tropics I lose ten feet from the start. :D If you post the videos here I would love to have a look. Maybe we can offer some pointers. I’ve been meaning to offer Bart some pointers because he’s getting too good. :cool:

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
ChrisBaty

Post by ChrisBaty »

Hi Paul,

Really appreciate the offer for some pointers. There’s a lot to get sorted, be kind.

Cheers
Chris

Return to “FP Discussions”