PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

US Open Championship 2023

HenryM
Answers: 0

US Open Championship 2023

Post by HenryM »

Hello All,

The ACA Board of Directors have approved the very first US Open Championships!!
To see the schedule, go to <http://americancastingassoc.org/>. It's going to be a festival of casting. There are 4 plug events and 9 fly events, i.e. plenty of chances to "get lucky with the wind". :yeahhh: The events are a thorough mix of ACA events and ICSF event (and one newly invented one).

The registration forms - one for internationals casters and one for domestic ones - should be approved soon. Email me at henrymittel@gmail.com to get one as soon as they are official.

Henry
NM

Re: US Open Championship 2023

Post by NM »

Looking forward to it Henry.
NM

Post by NM »

It looks like the Open will be a great tournament, Henry. :) The Swedes, I understand, are sending a big team with their best from their ICSF flycasting and traditional Casting teams. We are also coming with a big team with many of our best. It is going to be fun to cast the WC flycasting events that we are used to (both overhead and spey), your traditional US events, and plug accuracy and distance on water. I haven’t been casting any plug events in 40 years, but the preparations for this Open has gotten me back into it. Thanks. It is fun and bring back good memories.:yeahhh:

This really a great opportunity to try out new events, and hopefully also have some brainstorming about how to take our beautiful sport forward. There’s been some great discussions on that on this Board, and this tournament should provide a great opportunity to follow up on those. I really think we need to streamline and bring the different parts of the sports together again. The Open’s approach of having a broad range of events, including combinations and all-around awards, is the right one, I think. It has even gotten some to sign up to, for them, new events. :pirate:

I hope to see as may countries participating as possible. Lasse, who’s coming from Denmark? And James What about the UK team?

See you in a few weeks

Best
Nils
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Nils

I don't know of anyone going :)

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
James9118

Post by James9118 »

Hi Nils,

As you probably know, all the members of the UK team are self funded, as such a trip to the US is a big commitment. That said, Tracy and myself probably would have gone if it wasn't for running out of leave entitlement at work - mainly because we have a (month long) saltwater trip booked for later in the year.

Cheers, James
NM

Post by NM »

James9118 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:18 am Hi Nils,

As you probably know, all the members of the UK team are self funded, as such a trip to the US is a big commitment. That said, Tracy and myself probably would have gone if it wasn't for running out of leave entitlement at work - mainly because we have a (month long) saltwater trip booked for later in the year.

Cheers, James
That's a pity. you will be missed.

We are also paying most of the costs for this one ourselves. :(
NM

Post by NM »

Lasse Karlsson wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:31 pm Hi Nils

I don't know of anyone going :)

Cheers
Lasse
Why are you not going Lasse? It will be a great tournament I think.
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Nils

I'm sure it will be a great tournament, but I am selffunded, as of forever. So flight, accomodation, car rental and taking of from work for a week seems like a bit over the top when my kids would like some food ;)
Besides, I haven't cast in anger since last years windroulette in Norway, so it makes even less sense.

Hope you all have a great time over there :)

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)

Return to “Casting Sport”