PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Feathers

Commenting on the Sexyloops’ Front Page
Stoatstail50
Answers: 0

Feathers

Post by Stoatstail50 »

Or, as so often the case, when trying to discuss an issue that ruffles feathers, finding it gets waylaid by some wonderfully imaginative obfuscation to transform the discussion from whatever topic, into some personal recollections of shooting Rooks as teenagers, or the increasing Badger numbers, or the benefits of old fashioned milk bottles……

….Switched in an instance to a topic everyone felt more secure chattering around, chipping in, and the whole flock start clucking and chirping contently until that troublesome change is put safely away and forgotten.
Yep…😎
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
whinging pom

Re: Feathers

Post by whinging pom »

Stoatstail50 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:33 am
Yep…😎
Yep, you know it !!!
I often wonder if it’s anEnglish thing or a universal truth!
Pom.
The Duffer of the Brook !

Nothing is Impossible: :???: I do Nothing everyday .
whinging pom

Post by whinging pom »

Duplicated
( I can’t imagine many European Nationals inflicted with it).
Stoatstail50

Post by Stoatstail50 »

It’s certainly the polite way to say ….”woo, that’s uncomfortable, please fkoff” here isn’t it 🙂
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I’m very impressed with your tactics, Chris. I could have done with some of your thoughtfulness when I was banging heads with committees. Maybe you can come to Malaysia and save the Snakehead? :pirate:

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
whinging pom

Post by whinging pom »

Paul Arden wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:43 pm I’m very impressed with your tactics, Chris. I could have done with some of your thoughtfulness when I was banging heads with committees. Maybe you can come to Malaysia and save the Snakehead? :pirate:

Cheers, Paul
I’m not proud of it at all.its just we’d have got nowhere by playing a straight bat.

The main voice was consistently 100% contrary to whatever was suggested by whomever. It wasn’t just me.
I got to the stage where I would say the opposite of what I wanted because I knew he would diametrically oppose me. And then I’d concede graciously and get exactly what I wanted after all.
He had been around for years and was trusted and influential to that older generation of members, so I kept him close as an ally, if you could win him, you’d leap frog a whole hog of hard yakka!

You realise getting the credit doesn’t matter number's the end result that counts.
As we got further into it, it got worse! ( more to follow)
But we’re through that now. Itvall feels like it’s pulling in the same direction.

Jaw jaw ultimatly, is always better than war war
WP
The Duffer of the Brook !

Nothing is Impossible: :???: I do Nothing everyday .
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I got to the stage where I would say the opposite of what I wanted because I knew he would diametrically oppose me. And then I’d concede graciously and get exactly what I wanted after all.
:D :D
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “FP Discussions”