PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Amplification of error.

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

VGB
Answers: 0

Re: Amplification of error.

Post by VGB »

Hi Bernd

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friends
That same page can be a certain avg. distance for smooth casts. It can be a proper double hauling, getting rid of a tailing issue, positioning the rotation more efficient or many more. It can also be to get rid of pain coming in too often. Or being able to expand fishing time......It was a tough situation having had a group of six along the Swedish coast, all much older than me. Boy, did I learn about different desires in that week!
In my opinion, all of these boil down to control of movement, often trading speed of movement for accuracy of movement in a wide variety of fishing environments. This is identical to what Mark has just written:
a wider range of controlled motion is exactly what is needed to improve someone’s chances of getting a fish.
regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Bernd Ziesche

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

Vince,
👍

By the way I ve seen aoe being used in demos a lot. Mel Krieger indeed liked to use it. A demo is teaching too of course. Anyway I yet never had any instructor ask me to increase something he then wanted me to get rid of within a lesson (as far as I remember). Having had many lessons that sais something, I think.
Cheers
B
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.
Stoatstail50

Post by Stoatstail50 »

Mel used a form of “old way new way”.

If you haven’t experience AoE it’s most likely because your instructors have never heard of it.🙂
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Bernd Ziesche

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

Stoatstail50 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:15 pm Mel used a form of “old way new way”.

If you haven’t experience AoE it’s most likely because your instructors have never heard of it.🙂
Well, they used it for demoing stuff (to make me understand), but didnt have me running thru it myself. 😊
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.
Stoatstail50

Post by Stoatstail50 »

A demo is teaching too of course.
A show demo is the least effective way of teaching. An instructor demoing a motion without getting you to then perform it is quite likely to be relatively ineffective too because that's just like a personalised show demo :) .

The point here is that the caster themselves actively controls, and changes, the motion. If I use this I'm never, at any point going to refer to the motion as an "error" in the first place, merely as a mechanism to generate a particular output.

Of the two papers posted on here this one is the most tricky to read, the other one on old way new way is more digestible and probably explains better why these processes work and when you might use them.
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
VGB

Post by VGB »

I like to wrap it into the self discovery piece to let them enjoy themselves. Circles, straights and eights, writing your name with the line are all casting faults technically but these exercises engender confidence and extend control.

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

easterncaster

Post by easterncaster »

'... und now we think in circles'

We could change the Loop size task on the CI exam into a AoE instruction task!
VGB

Post by VGB »

easterncaster wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:16 pm We could change the Loop size task on the CI exam into a AoE instruction task!
I had a mentor that used to do that, he’s not allowed out in public anymore :D

Stoatstail50

Post by Stoatstail50 »

The loop size task is a model old way new way.

I use switching from wide to narrow as a basic loop control drill early in teaching beginners. Not at 40’ though.🙂
Casting Definitions

Stoatstail50

Post by Stoatstail50 »

…and in some mentoring.
Casting Definitions

Return to “Teaching”