PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

2025 US Open

HenryM
Answers: 0

2025 US Open

Post by HenryM »

Hello All,

The Long Beach Casting Club will have its 100th Anniversary in 2025. To celebrate this occasion, it has decided to hold the 2025 ACA Nationals and to make it a "US Open". The location will be the casting pond in Long Beach (just south of Los Angeles). This post is not an official invitation but rather an invitation for input as to when exactly the event should be held. We are quite sure we want to have it in August of 2025. We are also fairly sure we want to schedule the competitions similar to what was done this year in San Francisco, i.e. 11 or more events and competition days from Tuesday through Saturday. That leaves four choices for the end date:
1) August 9th, 2025
2) August 16th, 2025
3) August 23rd, 2025
4) August 30th, 2025
We already got some input asking us to leave some gap to the Casting World Championships which are typically held during the first or second week in September.
Can any of you think of any other good reason to avoid any of the proposed weeks?

Henry

PS.: For those of you who don't yet know, our US Open was (and will be) a mix of typical American events and ICSF Fly Casting events. That means there are 3 or 4 events involving plug casting and the rest is fly casting for accuracy and distance. Besides individual event medals, we have awards for combinations (separate for plugs and flies, for accuracy and distance, and an All-Around). The designation as a "US Open" adds two Open divisions (Women's and Men's) for which internationals casters (and American casters who choose to do so) are free to sign up. You can check the ACA website (<http://www.americancastingassoc.org/>) for the results booklet to get a pretty good idea.
ChrisBaty

Re: 2025 US Open

Post by ChrisBaty »

Fantastic variety of casting to be had at this. Would be a great comp to bring a team over to compete. Not that we have a huge casting scene here with casters lining up for O/S comps but there are a handful. It’s a long and expensive trip to make from Australia, worth it though and would be a great experience especially if you’re also into the plug categories.
NM

Re: 2025 US Open

Post by NM »

It is a wonderful tournament format that I can highly recommend. :) :) :yeahhh:
We truly enjoyed the 2023 inaugural Open with its great combination of events. The traditional US events that, were new to us, were fun as was the plug events. I will recommend casting all events, including those one may never have cast before. Those that did so this year found it rewarding and I believe that many of those that just casted events they were familiar with regretted not casting the others.

Nils

Return to “Casting Sport”