PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Internt vs. eksternt fokus: Effekter på motorisk læring

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Internt vs. eksternt fokus: Effekter på motorisk læring

Post by Paul Arden »

It’s not inconceivable to make this knowledge part of the examination in 30 years time.
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Stoatstail50
Answers: 0

Post by Stoatstail50 »

Paul Arden wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:09 pm It’s not inconceivable to make this knowledge part of the examination in 30 years time.
Woooo….a target…😀
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

VGB wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:37 pm I think that a whole book is a big ask for many who are working in a 2nd language. I spend a lot of time with French speakers and am a long way from being practiced or fluent, it’s tiring to focus for long periods of time.
Apart from Mel Kriegers essence of flycasting, no other flycasting book was available in Danish when I started down the route to be certified. Don't think that list has improved in the 22 years since then :D
Quite sure theres a bunch of titles available in sport instruction though.

Not sure thats where the real problem lies though, most new instructors aren't looking for knowledge in how to teach movement, they already know that its tackle because thats what 99,99% believe. And anything apart from very strict perspective to catch a fish is futile.

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Paul Arden wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:09 pm It’s not inconceivable to make this knowledge part of the examination in 30 years time.
Don't think there will be examinations for flycasting instructors in 30 years ;)

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
VGB

Post by VGB »

Lasse Karlsson wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:04 pm And anything apart from very strict perspective to catch a fish is futile.
Futile describes the fishing lately :D. I probably need to send the bend more.

Regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
VGB

Post by VGB »

Lasse Karlsson wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:06 pm Don't think there will be examinations for flycasting instructors in 30 years ;)
They will be decanted from jars and designed to a tightly controlled genome map, guarded by a select band of illuminati MCIs. :ninja:
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
NM

Post by NM »

Lasse Karlsson wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:11 pm
It is pretty coherent and understandable in the google translation. I would be surprised though, that a Dane would need to translate from English, kids have 9 years of English language tution in public school these days, my generation only had 5, and its mostly older people having language problems with English these days.

Cheers
Lasse
I agree Lasse. The google translation was even understandable for a Norwegian :)
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Carol wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:29 pm By the way, I don’t speak Danish or German. Is it time for Babbel? :closedeyes:
Neither do I Carol, being an Australian, I have enough trouble with English.

John
Bernd Ziesche

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

Lasse Karlsson wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:06 pm
Don't think there will be examinations for flycasting instructors in 30 years ;)
I prefer to think, that yet we always had exams available for fly casters (not teachers) in the first place. Some of them may have been inspired and started to teach, yes.
In all exams fly casting was and is a bigger part compared to teaching itself. The instructor list imo were and still are lists of fine fly casters to a high percentage or if you prefer instructors with little experience in teaching.
Cheers
B
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.
Stoatstail50

Post by Stoatstail50 »

In all exams fly casting was and is a bigger part compared to teaching itself.
I agree. Do you think it should stay like that Bernd ?
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

Return to “Teaching”