PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

ICSF WC Flycasting Sweden 2024

Michal Duzynski
Answers: 0

Re: ICSF WC Flycasting Sweden 2024

Post by Michal Duzynski »

I don't have proper information, and I didn't want to dig too much about the subject of participation fees in sports. Found something called Athletes License IOF which is €40 a year paid by Federation or athlete.
Anyway on a funny/joke side of out beloved sport

- it is not very popular sport
- spectators are almost non existing
- despite your hard training and many hours into practice , on many occasions wind roulette decide who wins
- no material, or cash prizes for winners
- lot of participants have no financial support from national Federation, or sponsors

......and yet it is very expensive to participate, and maybe the only one with such a fees.

I wonder why we don't see the growth in the sport.

P.s
Paul imagine we have a guest speaker you always wanted. That would bring the cost even higher, not sure by how much. It would depend if that is a another volunteer that needs accommodation and food, or a person on salary for a weekend, or 6days.

Cheers
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I’d be a speaker for free. I’m sure there are lots of other people too. Assuming I was there of course :laugh:

You’d make a great announcer :cool: Hell I’d turn up just to listen to you!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski

Paul Arden wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:16 pm
You’d make a great announcer :cool: Hell I’d turn up just to listen to you!

Cheers, Paul
:D :D cheers, but I think if I was to do it, the entire competition should be rated 18+ ( due to coarse language ) 😀
Michal Duzynski

Paul Arden wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:16 pm I’d be a speaker for free. I’m sure there are lots of other people too. Assuming I was there of course :laugh:

Cheers, Paul
That what volunteers do right? But still money to bring another volunteer, cover accommodation and food might raise participation fees
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Sure but we are not going to grow without it. My parents went to the one in Cumbria and had no idea what was going on. And I had no idea either! The entire thing has to be explained, with scores announced. It could be quite exciting to listen to. “Michal has 23 seconds on the clock, that’s why he’s stripping line as fast as he can, here he goes, he just needs to find another 20 cm to win… argggh he’s in a tangle! 10 seconds remaining… still tangled but now it’s free again… 5 seconds, 4, 3, 2 it’s a big one!!! Wow what a cast!! But how far is it..? What do the judges say? 45 and a half metres.. we have a NEW WORLD CHAMPION ladies and gentleman. Michal Duzynski from Poland, Australia. A family man with a speedboat and a fetish for carp!!! And we will hear what Michal has to say about his long cast in just a minute. But look someone has thrown him in the lake! I didn’t know they allowed yetis in here…”

Fun is infectious. I don’t think it’s that difficult. Just put yourself in the position of a spectator. Entertain us!! For 100 Euros there had better be some prime entertainment. But who the hell is going to pay 100 Euros to watch? Most people wouldn’t watch even if you paid them 100 Euros.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
VGB

Post by VGB »

Another thing that makes me think that the ICSF have lost the plot is that they want to charge people 100 Euros just to turn up and watch.
That is more than I am paying to watch a European Champions cup rugby match today :kungfu:
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Michal Duzynski

Paul Arden wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:20 pm Sure but we are not going to grow without it. My parents went to the one in Cumbria and had no idea what was going on. And I had no idea either! The entire thing has to be explained, with scores announced. It could be quite exciting to listen to. “Michal has 23 seconds on the clock, that’s why he’s stripping line as fast as he can, here he goes, he just needs to find another 20 cm to win… argggh he’s in a tangle! 10 seconds remaining… still tangled but now it’s free again… 5 seconds, 4, 3, 2 it’s a big one!!! Wow what a cast!! But how far is it..? What do the judges say? 45 and a half metres.. we have a NEW WORLD CHAMPION ladies and gentleman. Michal Duzynski from Poland, Australia. A family man with a speedboat and a fetish for carp!!! And we will hear what Michal has to say about his long cast in just a minute. But look someone has thrown him in the lake! I didn’t know they allowed yetis in here…”

Cheers, Paul
🤣🤣🤣 mate you just made a virtual World Championship.
I'm stoke, super happy and excited. You just saved me 1100 Euros. 🤣🤣🤣
Bernd Ziesche

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

Happy I took the chance to participate, when there was one!
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.
Michal Duzynski

Nice FP James.

"So what is the future? Personally I think now is the time for the casters to be looking into taking back their sport. Forget the 'professionalism' because that is going nowhere other than shrinking the field down to those who have government funding in order to pay the exorbitant fees. "

That is why I'm still casting. Knowing that competitions are no near future for me, I still love to do that. ..
and when the revolution comes I want to be ready
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Hi,

it's always about the money, same with my former club ..
To be honest the other WCs were not cheap either, I had some interested people, but after I've calculated the approx. costs the interest died down quickly. I believe I've computed something like 700 Euros for Cumbria. Last WC was something like 850€(single room) + 200€ start fee - travelling not included.
Although I'm not too far from the next venue, travelling would cost me 500€ (car + ferry) to Sweden, the 200€ for accomodation sounds optimistic - in Germany you can forget to find anything under 50€/night. So overall I'm sure at least 1200-1500€ - impossible. I've paid approx. 450€ for Tallinn and this was at the borderline. I think it's only something for wealthy people or sponsored teams.

Paul, German champs had always a sound system and a speaker (usually one of the coaches) how can I imagine that, was it quiet all the time there (?)

Greetings,
Torsten

Return to “Casting Sport”