PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

hello from Chile

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
Vicente G
Answers: 0

hello from Chile

Post by Vicente G »

hi everybody, my name is Vicente, and I'm 21 years old, I live in Chile in the Region de Los Ríos (basically its called The Rivers region, and yeah there's a hell lot of rivers In this part of the country), I'm currently practicing and studying to become a THCI and hopefully a CI too, fly casting is my passion above all (even fishing, generally I go to the river to fly cast and catching a fish is just a byproduct of that, sometimes I think I'm dumb lol) all my neighbours know me by "the kid that fishes on the front yard" because I'm usually everyday there practicing fly casting, when I go fishing I usually target the very aggressive brown trouts we have here, but when the season is on, I mainly target chinook salmon with double-handers, and ironically I'm a fisherman that don't eat fish, I don't like the taste of it since I was like 10; thanks for all the info everybody posts here, its very useful and I read everyday my daily dose of sexy loops board discussions, I hope to meet many of you someday to have a beer (I'm finally old enough to have {legally} one) or just a chat about fishing or casting or anything really

cheers and have a nice day :laugh:

Vicente
Vicente G

Re: hello from Chile

Post by Vicente G »

here's some photos of places I fish or stuff I do :pirate:
Attachments
some fishing on the calcurrupe river, big trout on this river but very hard to find
some fishing on the calcurrupe river, big trout on this river but very hard to find
fishing with some buddies on the lake
fishing with some buddies on the lake
just doing some practice
just doing some practice
Fishing my local river
Fishing my local river
an incredibly hard fighting brown for its size
an incredibly hard fighting brown for its size
searching for chinook salmon
searching for chinook salmon
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Vincente,

Welcome to the Board! No irony for me in not eating fish :D I don’t eat fish here either! Giant Snakehead have no taste and besides they really need protecting. Most fish seem to need protection IMO.

Chile always looks like such a beautiful country! :cool:

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Bendix

Post by Bendix »

Hi Vincente

Welcome to the Board!

I think it’s great to have another DH rod Salmon fisherman on the board! Seems there aren’t many of us…

Cheers
Bendix

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”