PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Question for the FFI MCI mentors and examiners

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Re: Question for the FFI MCI mentors and examiners

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Stoatstail50 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:54 am

It's about a task being impossible as written. Amazing that that is so hard to understand!
I don’t think that’s hard to understand. What is hard to understand is that, if you’ve had some sort of acknowledgment that there will be some changes to the task as a consequence of your previous comments, and that these changes make it clear that measurements are only approximate, you’re still complaining as if you haven’t heard a peep. Change may be glacially slow but that’s another matter.

As far as my own interpretation goes I was generally more interested in how a caster controls the transitions from one loop size to another than accurately measuring the loop size.
Hi Mark

I had a remark that changes might happen, I was also told that a few guys tried it out, and didn't see a problem. I'm not complaining as if nothing hasn't happened, sorry you take it that way. I'm just well aware that changes can happen as a glacial break too, if the problem is taken seriously. That it seems, it is not.

And yeah, me too, but that was the old task, the new one pisses with just that, if one goes by the test, as one should. And again, it's not about being anal about measuring accuratly, it's about 8 feet or more being 6feet ish in real life, and that's alot more than approximate in my book.

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)

Return to “Flycasting”