PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Catch and Release Problems in Castilla y León, Spain

Forum for discussing fisheries conservation and other environmental issues related to fish, wildlife, watersheds, and aquatic ecosystems.

Moderators: Harps, mattklara

Marc Fauvet
Answers: 0

Post by Marc Fauvet »

sent in from a friend in Spain today:
"In Castilla León the government want to eliminate the no kill zone in the rivers. It's crazy. We need help. Please can you sign this petition and share with friends. We need support. Thanks! "

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... =7AQFG7xpg

Please take a minute to sign this to show them that we're all concerned as well as the locals.
it's REALLY important, thanks ! ♥
at the bottom of the link's page you can select your language to understand how to fill out the petition form.

here's a rough automatic translation in english:

D. Silvan Antonio Rodriguez
Director of Development and Environment of the Junta de Castilla y León
C / Rigoberto Cortejoso, 14, 7th floor - CP: 47014 - Valladolid (Valladolid)
Phone: 983 419 000
Official Fax: 983 419 403

Dear Counselor

We get in touch with you alarmed by the decisions that are being taken in the provincial fishing tips that so far have been held in his community.

We have been informed that proposals have been approved contradict the principle of conservation and continuity of fish stocks and especially to trout populations in rivers of Castile and Leon that his Ministry has defended so many times.

It has been a history of over 20 years of conservation through the implementation of an ambitious and productive expansion plan of fishing stretches without death which led to its community be more fishermen receive the entire national geography and more fishing licenses issued by the wealth of their trout populations and their continuity while ensuring the fishermen of their community and foreign good fishing days.

Therefore we can not understand the proposals that have been approved for a drastic reduction of its stocks through the practice of extractive fishing fishermen increasingly practiced since more and more fishermen aware that this type of fishing is against their own interests and therefore against the interests of a group increasingly committed to the conservation of the environment, rivers and their ecosystems.

It is vain to say that the implementation of such measures also would act against the interests of his own community as reducing the chances of getting good fishing days in the same measure would decrease the number of licenses issued and visits oriented fishing tourism.

Recently closed most farms kept his department and that provided many of the trout with which traditional fishermen caught their quotas. We are all aware that the progression of disease sufferers rivers have reduced their capacity for regeneration. Given this increasingly urgent situation, the development of a fisheries law based on the conservation of species and trying to trout as a species of special concern, has been a hope for fishermen in the confidence that the administration took steps in conservation of populations and therefore the improvement of fishing as a recreational activity.

But the news coming in the sense of eliminating many fishing stretches without death to become extractive fishing, are not encouraging regarding the interpretation and meaning seems that he wants to give the new Fisheries Act.

As we conveyed our concern about the possible adoption of such measures, in the confidence that the same spirit that led them to draft an exciting Fisheries Act for a large group of fishermen, discard and do not take into account .
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

That's shocking, Marc. What on Earth is going on? Change of politically elected wankers?

I'm surprised that the Spanish Flyfishing contingent is not strong enough to cripple this. Any help we can give absolutely no problem.

I've fished Leon (with you). Some of the best FFing in Europe and worth every euro to me. If there are no fish I ain't coming back.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Marc Fauvet

Post by Marc Fauvet »

i don't have the facts Paul but i'm sure they're bringing issues of c&r enforcement and all other costs involved as the major cause. Spanish economy is doing pretty bad these days...

anyhow SexyLoopers, as mentioned before Please take a minute to sign this to show them that we're all concerned as well as the locals.
it's REALLY important, thanks ! ♥
VGB

Post by VGB »

Done, with a bit of guess work on the signature block but I think I put my concern as tourism.
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Marc Fauvet

Post by Marc Fauvet »

:)
Marc Fauvet

Post by Marc Fauvet »

here's what the petition sign-up form looks like in english.
Attachments
petition.tiff
petition.tiff (57.95 KiB) Viewed 6477 times
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Signed. What does Carlos say?
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Marc Fauvet

Post by Marc Fauvet »

he left a comment on the petitioners box but it's in spanish. your guess is as good as mine.... :D
Will

Post by Will »

Signed. I think...
Lineslinger
Barrio Pro-team
SGAIC
AAPGAI

"The only advice it is necessary to give the angler… is to avoid any approach to foppery, as trout have the most thorough contempt for a fop…”
WC Stewart
Marc Fauvet

Post by Marc Fauvet »

:cool: , you should get a confirmation email if it went through.

Return to “Daily Planet”