PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

ICSF

Torsten
Answers: 0

ICSF

Post by Torsten »

Hi Lee,

I'd just like to point out that I'm not an ICSF official, only I don't live far from the president, so I know him.
So that's the "inofficial" way, but of course I can help - I've to understand how these processes work so I've to ask.

Can you write me how the entry should look like (e.g. write me a pm)?
I'm guessing you mean this list:
http://www.icsf-castingsport.com/index. ... on/members

Thanks,
Torsten
Dung Fly

ICSF

Post by Dung Fly »

Lee has a very valid point, the ICSF have historically been slow in updating their website.

Q - what is the benefit/point in providing an invitation booklet on a 'past' event.

Surely the salient points are only required - dates, cost and location.
Lasse Karlsson

ICSF

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Don't think the contact and adress for DK is valid either :D

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Lee Cummings

ICSF

Post by Lee Cummings »

Dung Fly wrote:Lee has a very valid point, the ICSF have historically been slow in updating their website.

Q - what is the benefit/point in providing an invitation booklet on a 'past' event.

Surely the salient points are only required - dates, cost and location.
Hi Andy

Yes, it is a little frustrating that they take an interest in the tournament now, especially as there was once an official invite which once took time to write, however if it ties up a loose end then I will put the time in to sort it again.

Cheers
Lee
John Waters

ICSF

Post by John Waters »

Seems superfluous to me.

John
Torsten

ICSF

Post by Torsten »

I think they should invest money for a professional web designer and public relations too.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

ICSF

Post by Paul Arden »

I know I’m going to regret asking this, in fact I’m already regretting having the thought, but how does the ICSF operate?

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
John Waters

ICSF

Post by John Waters »

In brief, an Executive and Board running the day to day and looking after rules of association and compliance a separate Commission for each of inland, fly casting and surf casting and general assembly comprising member nation delegates.

John
Torsten

ICSF

Post by Torsten »

John,
In brief, an Executive and Board running the day to day and looking after rules of association and compliance a separate Commission for each of inland, fly casting and surf casting and general assembly comprising member nation delegates.
maybe that's a part of the problem; I'd expect first from such an association that they're promoting the sport, speaking with politicians - the typical lobby / PR work and not so much internal stuff. I can't imagine that you would impress people with a homepage from the stone ages.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

ICSF

Post by Paul Arden »

What I was really wondering was is the executive board elected and if so who elects them? And what happens to the annual registration fees? Just trying to get a handle on how it functions since it’s new to me.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Casting Sport”