PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Accuracy at WC

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Accuracy at WC

Post by Paul Arden »

:D :D :D

Hipster :p
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Accuracy at WC

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

John Waters wrote:
Whatever you do I would suggest you make sure you have a training strategy for when conditions are such that the fly will never be visible to you in the air, or at best, on very few false casts during you round.

My advice about fly accuracy casting practice and training is that God grants each of us a certain number of perfect scores in our lifetime, don’t waste them in practice.

John
Thanks John!

I do have a strategy, been in comps where the fly was not visible, I also come from a coarse fishing background, and we'd have small comps hitting the hole in the waterlillys at distance with a sinker and terminal tackle because of course thats where the tench or carp would be :D dropping twenty boillies in the same hole with a throwing tube was part of it too. Accuracy where you don't look at the fly ;) also got some great advice from Tim Rajeff, that seem to work, but needs a clear head, and that is my main problem :blush:

Oh, don't worry, I'll save the 30 second 80 point score to when I need it the most :p

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
John Waters

Accuracy at WC

Post by John Waters »

You are right Lasse, you need both going for you, I.e. making your decision about cast length by sight and by intuition. Both improve through technique and training. It helps to have great eyesight of course but that is a mostly uncontrollable factor for many of us, so other than getting new glasses, you have to work with what you have. The best combine both sight and intuitive casting. Casting, like all sport, is a mind game, but only with yourself. Once you allow the thought of other casters and other factors to enter “your” game, forget it.

It used to be called “in the zone” don’t know what the current term is.

I am have read about it somewhere but given my eyesight the text would have been blurred and with my aging mind, I would have forgotten it anyway.

John
Lasse Karlsson

Accuracy at WC

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi John

Quite sure it's still called "in the zone" but I am getting old :D

I need to be in it more, but life seems to have other plans :D

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)

Return to “Casting Sport”