PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

2020 Australian Casting Season

John Waters
Answers: 0

2020 Australian Casting Season

Post by John Waters »

The Australian fly and plug casting season starts 5:00pm, 7th March 2020 with Australia's premier tournament under lights, the Southern Lights Fly Casting event at Southern Fly Fishers Casting pool and clubrooms, Turner rd., Highett, Melbourne.
The tournament comprises 4 fly casting events, Dry Fly Accuracy, ICSF Skish Fly Accuracy, ACF Skish Fly Accuracy and Wet Fly Accuracy. All events are conducted on water. Fly casting is great under lights and there is no better venue for either day or night fly casting than the Southern Fly Fishers casting pool.
Of course, a few of us will be there after lunch and to throw the Fly Casting and the ICSF Fly Distance events in preparation for State, National and World Championships later this year and anyone is welcome to attend for a chat and a cast. Casting sport is both friendly and engaging, and all casters are happy to share thoughts on gear, technique or any other aspect of the sport.

John
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: 2020 Australian Casting Season

Post by Paul Arden »

Have a fantastic evening, best of luck to everyone John!
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

G'day John,

Do you have a calendar of events (or link to one)? If I happen to be in Victoria or planning a trip there, I'd like to drop in and have a play. I need a bit more notice than this though.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Thanks Paul, appreciated. I’ll pass on your comments to the casters and the club.

Hi Graeme, I’ll send a syllabus, but anytime you are in Melbourne, give me a yell. If not an event weekend, there are a few of us who cast every weekend. If a weekday, I am always available for a chat and a cast.

John
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Thanks for the offer John.

I'd love to test myself in competition against the best in Australia but I'm not flying over just to do it. If the planets happen to align though, it would be good to get involved.

Are you saying these dates are not published anywhere currently?

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Hi Graeme

No worries hope to meet for a chat and a cast one day. Tournament casting is a lot of fun and I recommend anyone who is interested, contact a club that conducts events. It does not matter if the casting is on water or grass, it is all about challenging yourself and having fun doing so with like minded people.

I have attached the Australian Casting Federation’s Syllabus of 2020 events.
The Southern Cross events comprise the following Fly Casting events,
Trout Accuracy (5 weight line)
Trout Distance (5 weight line)
Sea Trout Distance (8 or 9 weight 15 plus metre shooting head)
Salmon Distance (Double handed 55 gram head)

John
Attachments
8B88E17E-7BF7-4712-B30A-9AB90AB79896.png
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Thanks John. I'll keep it for reference when I'm heading over.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

I wish to advise that all Australian Casting Federation events scheduled for March, April and May 2020 have been postponed. The Executive Committee will consider options for the remainder of the season and will advise accordingly. Please follow all advice from authorities and stay safe.

John
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Why’s that John?
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Casting Sport”