PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

What do you think?

nicholasfmoore
Answers: 0

Re: What do you think?

Post by nicholasfmoore »

That is the reality but it should not prevent the sport giving it a shot.
Absolutely, John. Interesting point about the LED wall, that would be a great idea, incorporating a couple of camera operators to track the nose of the loop would be needed i think. Finding a way to make it incredibly bright would probably be easier, even indoors with florescent fluff under UV light perhaps? I do this in the garden with a pitiful UV torch and the lumiline. If i get the fluff stuck in the tree i can find it instantly with this low powered torch. I don't know. Actually, with a couple of good camera operators it would be relatively straightforward even outside. One camera to look at the loop from the side, and another looking towards the caster, head on. A camera on a crane would be a nice view, and could get really close to the water when it's needed for accurate measurements? There are some great ideas on here

All the best
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I don’t expect we’re going to fill a football stadium any time soon. But having an announcer is necessary not just for those watching but also those competing. Even when I know what it’s about I have no idea who is in the lead or even how far they are throwing. That’s nuts. At least at a small event I can hear the scores!

What ever happened to the videos filmed in Estonia? There was a drone and a lot of movie action. Was it ever published? Norway was live I believe? Or supposed to be?

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Mangrove Cuckoo
Answers: 0

Post by Mangrove Cuckoo »

No matter how exciting the announcer, I don't think there is enough drama to gain enough interest from non fly anglers.

But... didn't someone recently ask about casting multiple heavy flies adorned with treble hooks?

Now that might draw a crowd! :D
With appreciation and apologies to Ray Charles…

“If it wasn’t for AI, we wouldn’t have no I at all.”
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I fail to see drama in cricket but apparently there is. There is actually a lot of drama in casting sport. One year in the finals Sakari and I had made our lines so slick neither of us could hold them. You don’t get that in other sports. I got so excited I hauled my sunglasses clean off into the lake.
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Casting Sport”