PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

PUALD Challenge

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: PUALD Challenge

Post by Paul Arden »

I think what would be a fun game would be to have targets at N, NE, E etc all the way back to North. And targets at 20m then 10m, then 20m around the circle leading out from the centre. Caster stands in the middle goes right around in one direction and then right around in the opposite direction. Ie 17 targets.

Just off the top of my head :p
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Phil Blackmar
Answers: 0

Post by Phil Blackmar »

Hi Paul-

My challenge is more specific...Wind set from S. Four targets N, E, S, W at 10m 50cm diameter targets, each side arm cast, E target back hand side-arm. Then NE, NW, SW and SE. 15M, 50 cm diameter targets, SE crossover cast, others how you like. Then N, E, S, W again with 75 cm target at 20m. W target is standing up so a side arm cast thru the hoop is required. Next its 30m to the N and a 75 cm target Belgian cast. Finally, 60 ft to the SE, 75 cm target, curve cast to the left and 60 ft to SW 75 cm target curve cast to the right.......Timed to completion..., 7 to 9 wt rod and similar line (old weights), clouser minnow fly with small lead eyes or large bead chain, 9 ft leader minimum. All legit casts in a salty environment........thoughts?
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: PUALD Challenge

Post by Paul Arden »

I need to draw this on a piece of paper :D
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Casting Sport”