PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

2021 Australian Casting Season

John Waters
Answers: 0

2021 Australian Casting Season

Post by John Waters »

Saturday 13th March sees the opening of the Australian casting season with the traditional Southern Lights tournament in Highett Melbourne. A great tournament comprising 3 events, Dry Fly Accuracy, SKISH Fly Accuracy (comprising dry fly, roll casting and wet fly casting segments) and Wet Fly Accuracy, all cast under lights at Southern Fly Fishers casting pool, beginning at 5:00 pm.

Really looking forward to a casting season this year, given the cancellation last year's season due to Covid 19. Hopefully, the 2021 season will proceed in entirety and we can get back to enjoying our sport. Being an optimist, we may even have World Championship events later this year, although I have not rushed out to any purchase tickets yet.

The season comprises 23 events through to October and they cover the full gambit of all ICSF, Fly Casting and Australian Casting Association accuracy and distance events. If anyone is interested in a electronic or in my dated terminology, a postal tournament, just send me a PM and we can set up dates to suit.

In the words of the inimitable Jackie Gleason, awayyyyyyyyyy we go.

John
John Waters

Re: 2021 Australian Casting Season

Post by John Waters »

"not rushed out to any purchase tickets yet" ????????

Wish my brain would better coordinate my fingers.

John
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

That’s great that you can do this John. Here I’m expecting another year of the same. My fingers are crossed for 2022!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

We have been lucky so far in Oz Paul, but all it takes is one outbreak and ..........

Hoping the world has a good year,

John

Return to “Casting Sport”