PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Current Stroke

John Waters
Answers: 0

Re: Current Stroke

Post by John Waters »

Hi Gary,

No worries or issues at all from my end. All good. I was only referring to the comment the conditioning coach made to you, not your good self or the other people to whom you referred. I did not want people to think his answer to your question was factual and not explore available improvement programs. You are absolutely correct about the need for "explosiveness" in extreme casting, it underpins all other throwing sports. For me, you raise a very interesting point, namely, should the caster accelerate the line at a constant rate?

Like you, I always learn something from others who know more about the subject than me. They are many.

I don't know if Steve Rajeff has fast or slow twitch fibres, however, if he was a boxer and not a caster, I think he would have the fastest left jab in the gym. When he was a lot younger he had the fastest haul in world casting, he may still have.
I first met Steve in 1973 when he was 16 years old. I did not see him again until 1980 and in those 7 years his body shape had changed dramatically. I think the term used is chiselled. His level of commitment to all three levels of training, his casting technique, his mind and his body, made him the caster he is. Practice is certainly the road to improvement, but it is always about what you practice and how you practice.

John
Dung Fly

Post by Dung Fly »

ImageThe legend that is Steve Rajeff with some Brit standing next to him who is 5’10.5” Tallin 2012
Attachments
37A2AB58-ADC0-4B76-AAC9-91A2D269D8FC.jpeg
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Out of curiosity, what rod and reel are you using? It looks like a pretty large outfit.
It's a HT10 with a Hardy asr 7000 :D

All the best
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:

Return to “Casting Sport”