PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

WC2022

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

WC2022

Post by Paul Arden »

Does anyone have an my details on this. I heard a rumour that it was to be held somewhere in Ireland? But that is all I heard (and that was quite some time ago that I heard this!).

Thanks, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Re: WC2022

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Saw a rant on FB that it would not...

Completly out of the loop otherwise so haven't got a clue if someone else are picking it up...

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Dung Fly

Post by Dung Fly »

John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Saw the same comment Lasse. Am not aware of any proposal for 2022 or beyond. Hope the 2021 ICSF events can proceed as scheduled Andy. Australia has closed borders so no international travel for me unfortunately. I hope that changes for 2022.

John
Dung Fly

Post by Dung Fly »

Things change weekly, countries in RAG with the potential for a 10 day quarantine in a hotel at £1750 a person.
Very little in Europe is green, some amber but most still red.
The uk vaccination programme is going very well, unfortunately there are pockets of the Indian variant that are causing concern and has put the uk on other countries red list.
Looking at the 2021WCs (Surfcasting) the proposed restrictions and wearing of face masks at all times except while casting in temps of 30-35C will put a lot of casters/countries off.
It’s going to be another difficult year for sport, travel and doing things that we enjoy.
James9118

Post by James9118 »

To me this is where the ICSF 'business model' falls apart. Why would any individual or local club take the risk of putting on an event during a global pandemic when all the financial risk sits with them? One minor change in the status of the host country and the whole thing could be off, irrespective of how much has been paid out in advance.

I know this is a pet rant of mine, but the very least the ICSF should do is take on the financial risk of running official ICSF events, passing this risk on to an individual or a local club is shirking it's number 1 reason for being the umbrella organisation. Lets face it this is an organisation with 30K euro in the bank, yet it relies on individuals to bank roll it.

The ICSF should meet the costs of any championship upfront and work to make the competitions a success from both the sporting side and the financial aspect.

James
Dung Fly

Post by Dung Fly »

€30k, I think that is a very conservative figure.

By using the local/national body to shoulder the burden is very clever as there is no financial implication on the ICSFs behalf and it certainly questions the annual ‘membership’ fee. It does allow the organisers to keep any profit.

With today’s announcement of a 50% increase in Covid cases in a week with figures reported that haven’t been seen since early April, I can see the UK being put on more countries red list and the potential for localised lockdowns. Sorry to turn this into a Covid post.

3 months in and only a slight improvement on the Tennis elbow which has stopped me from any fly casting - single or double handed 🤬
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Yep I saw that nonsense of FB. Completely out of order. So anyway it’s not Ireland. Definitely nothing happening this year that’s for sure. We are going into a hard lockdown next week. Covid is now at an all-time high. But next year, assuming no vaccine-beating variant arrives, I imagine it might be a possibility to travel again. Not sure what it means however now or where it might be. I believe Sweden have 2024.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

World Casting Sport Championships - Estonia - 31st August to 4th September 2022

World Fly Casting Championships with Fly Fishing Gear - Norway, 10th - 14th August 2022.

Excellent scheduling, might even be able to catch a fish in the intervening few weeks, can't wait,

John
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Great! Maybe we can have a fish together somewhere. :)

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Casting Sport”