PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

WC2022

Michal Duzynski
Answers: 0

Re: WC2022

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Hi
Just looking for clarification.
On the ICSF website there is draft calendar from 29/10/21 which names Italy as a host of WC in the end of August.
I see Norway now being mentioned, and on the Norwegian Casting website it's called World Cup- is that the same?
Cheers
bartdezwaan

Post by bartdezwaan »

Hi Michal.
I asked the same question on Facebook. Apparently at a certain moment Italy was planning to organize it. This is not happening and Norway is organizing it. It’s the WC for “fishing tackle” so our cup of tea ;)

Cheers, Bart
Michal Duzynski

Ok , cool.
Cheers Bart.
I don't think I can make it, but wanted to know.
Cheers
Michal Duzynski

Hi Guys
Things with Covid-19 are escalating here in Australia, and it becomes a big mess.
I know there is few European members here and wanted to ask how things looks in Europe?
Is it bad, if it's going to continue like this is the WC with question mark.
I know it is very genneral question, hard to answer as things change all the time, but
If the WC had to be run next month- would it happen?

I'm planning to be there, but even browsing through news about border restrictions, quarantine, Vax certificates, all that from Australia travelling to Europe gives me massive headache.
Yes, plenty time left, but just curious about current situation.
Cheers
Mike
Tangled

Post by Tangled »

Here in England we are probably at peak COVID. Somewhere around 1 in 15 people are currently infected but we have a very high level of vaccination so that, combined with Omicron being less harmful than previous variants, has resulted in a relatively low hospitalisation and death rate.

Everything is open and there are few restrictions in place. The major effect at the moment is that there is a high number of people off work either with infection or being quarantined because of contact with the infected.

We're relaxing international travel rules as it is now assumed that everyone here is infected or will be in the coming weeks anyway.

Wales and Scotland do have some restrictions but I can't see them lasting much longer.

There is a real hope here that Omicron is killing COVID as a dangerous epidemic and that we can downgrade it to something we just live with. I'm planning overseas holidays this summer.

But if another more harmful variant emerges, all bets are off. (The evidence suggests though that these kind of viruses become increasingly less so.)
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Let’s hope as we get further down the Greek alphabet things get better. We still have borders shut for international visitors here in Malaysia. With my spouse visa however I can get back into Malaysia (one week home quarantine). So I hope to go if it happens.

Unfortunately the vaccine I have (Sinovac) isn’t recognised in many EU countries so it will mean either getting Pfizer here before I fly or going to UK earlier and getting it done there. I think my booster soon will be a Pfizer so that will make things quicker/easier although I have no idea how the paperwork works in EU? Here we have a vaccine passport on our mobile devices. Without this you can’t do anything, no shopping in malls, no dining out, no interstate travel. In Malaysia 98% of adults are fully vaccinated.

How is travel within the EU or between UK and EU now?

Thanks, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Tangled

Post by Tangled »

Paul Arden wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:06 pm How is travel within the EU or between UK and EU now?
It's mess, it varies country by country and it changes weekly.
These are the current rules for entering the UK

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-e ... s-covid-19
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks Colin. That’s good news. Last time I looked (December) my vaccine wasn’t recognised in UK. It is now. I’ll have to check Norway next!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski

I really hope things clear up soon- just to know what we can, can't do.
Apparently Australian Covid-19 Vaccine certification is not recognised in few EU countries.
I have to apply for
International Digital Covid-19 Vaccine Certification ( need to check more info on this one)

Anyway I booked my time off from work( can cancel it if needed) and start some slow practice.
Fingers crossed.
Cheers
sms

Post by sms »

For EU-travel info can be found here directly or at least the links to official sites of information:
https://reopen.europa.eu/en

Within past 6 months I've been to France, Germany, Spain and Russia. Next week going to Sweden.
Within EU for at least EU citizens it is quite easy as long as we have vaccinations (Russia doesn't approve western vaxxes so to go there PCR test is the thing).

I also have high hopes that this Omicron wave is a wall that sweeps over and then we this is just another respiratory virus.
In Finland the restrictions went stricter just before Xmas. Compared to the time of the restriction decision time we now have about 5 times more cases (and likely the true number is multiple times the recorded number as we do not have testing capacity to test even nearly all with some symptoms).
The situation is thus "everybody gets it now or doesn't get it", everybody will me faced with the Omicron variant. We will likely start taking down restrictions starting on Feb 1st (govenrment meets tomorrow to think). The reason is that hospitalization's growth has stopped - it I went up fast until two weeks ago it "hit a ceiling". And ICU occupancy has been going down for a while. 21-day death rate has been going down for two weeks and about halved.

I think we will be a lot wiser in a month or two. If it goes like it looks like now, the borders will probably open a lot more.

In my opinion, it is anyway pointless to keep borders closed as the virus spreads anyway and once it has entered a place, it is there and only places where people can really be controlled, can contain it. Democratic countries, it will spread regardless. Interesting to see what happens in China as they have been able to contain this far. Olympics are starting soon thou with people coming from all over. And I have had friends with the Omicron and the first PCR test has been negative so I guess many asymptomatic ones will be in Peking and that might mean an end to the containment.
I'm here just for the chicks.

-Sakke

Return to “Casting Sport”