PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Welcome Jason Borger

Moderator: Paul Arden

Walter
Answers: 0

Welcome Jason Borger

Post by Walter »

Jason Borger wrote:
So my book will be like 14,667 loonies, plus shipping. Sucks for you, Walter. May have to drive one to you across the border. :pirate:
While you're in the neighbourhood I may have a spot or two that you may be interested in. Some of them have never had Paul's socks in them... :pirate:
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
resdog

Welcome Jason Borger

Post by resdog »

Hi Jason , is SHFC the book your currently working on or already published ?
Jason Borger

Welcome Jason Borger

Post by Jason Borger »

resdog wrote:Hi Jason , is SHFC the book your currently working on or already published ?
SHFC is current. Looking at Feb 28 for the "done" date (meaning ready to upload to the printer). Not the only project I'm working on, but the one that gets all the attention at the moment.
I grew up surrounded by fish, flies, and water.
Jason Borger

Welcome Jason Borger

Post by Jason Borger »

Walter wrote:
Jason Borger wrote:
So my book will be like 14,667 loonies, plus shipping. Sucks for you, Walter. May have to drive one to you across the border. :pirate:
While you're in the neighbourhood I may have a spot or two that you may be interested in. Some of them have never had Paul's socks in them... :pirate:
I've seen what Paul's socks can do firsthand. Like electrofishing, but permanent.
resdog

Welcome Jason Borger

Post by resdog »

Jason , do you do any clinics on the east coast or shows ? going to Somerset by any chance ?
Jason Borger

Welcome Jason Borger

Post by Jason Borger »

resdog wrote:Jason , do you do any clinics on the east coast or shows ? going to Somerset by any chance ?
I do clinics if I'm hired to do them (and they fit my schedule). I know that's a bit of a weasel answer, but it's as close as I can come to accurate. I haven't been to the Somerset show in years.
Glenda

Welcome Jason Borger

Post by Glenda »

Welcome Jason....I'm a pain in the butt as you can already see so apologies now. No need to respond to stupid questions that I am likely to ask.....
"my biggest worry is that when I am dead and gone my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it". ......Koos Brandt
Merlin

Welcome Jason Borger

Post by Merlin »

Hi Jason
BTW--I use your name a couple of times in the new book (talking about your work on rod dynamics and so forth). Hope you don't mind. Mostly just send people here to read your articles.
Not at all Jason; thanks for referencing me. There are a few new articles on Walter’s MCI Study Group site, and also on this blog from John Symonds (John's blog). You may have a look at them.

I'm looking forward reading your new book.

Cheers

Merlin
Fly rods are like women, they won't play if they're maltreated
Charles Ritz, A Flyfisher's Life
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Welcome Jason Borger

Post by Paul Arden »

I can't begin to tell you how many casting instructors there are Merlin, simply because they wanted to be better casters. Far better that they go down the competition route IMO but everything in life is a choice. I think that I'm going to give people a 3-month training programme to develop their casting before they come Snakehead fishing!!! :p

So what are the skills that make a great Spring Creek angler in the US, Jason? This sort of fishing is pretty much an unknown for me. Our European "technical fishing" means getting very good at Nymphing!

Have you ever fished for Snakehead Jason? I think you'd love the casting challenge. In fact you must come over sometime to try for Gourami. These fish look at the fly for at least 10 seconds before eating or not!

Incidentally is French Nymphing a bit thing in the US?

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Jason Borger

Welcome Jason Borger

Post by Jason Borger »

Glenda wrote:Welcome Jason....I'm a pain in the butt as you can already see so apologies now. No need to respond to stupid questions that I am likely to ask.....
I don't think you're asking stupid questions. I've been asked everything you've asked many times before.

Return to “A week with...”