PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Changes in fish and how they are fished for.

Moderator: Paul Arden

Flyfishfairwx
Answers: 0

Post by Flyfishfairwx »

Jason, You have just completed the Western Canada Fly Fishing Expo in Calgary Canada. I would imagine you have heard about the great flood of 2013, and now the recovery of some of the waters around the western Canada and US area.

Now the question, have you seen in your travels and fishing experience a decline in the number of "trophy" fish, or an increase in the number of braggable fish in moderate size?

In some of the flood affected waters there has been a large shake up of fish sizes and numbers. This has held true with fish stories I have heard all along the western area above and below the border.

Has this had an effect on the way fly fishers pursue fish in some of the Famous rivers of the west, Big Hole, Yellowstone, MO, etc..
Everybody has to believe in something and I believe in Fly fishing and Fly tying and believe I will.
As in the army I have never had a bad day fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one.
Flyfishfairwx

Post by Flyfishfairwx »

Zero Response, moved to Paul's thread with same title ..
Everybody has to believe in something and I believe in Fly fishing and Fly tying and believe I will.
As in the army I have never had a bad day fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one.
Jason Borger

Post by Jason Borger »

Flyfishfairwx wrote:Zero Response, moved to Paul's thread with same title ..
Then I'll respond in the other thread. Busy day today, and working my way through answers.
I grew up surrounded by fish, flies, and water.

Return to “A week with...”