PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Welcome Charles Jardine!!!

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Charles,

One year I taught 1000 children for the Salmon and Trout Association sponsored by Guide FF. I have to say it was very interesting and a lot of fun. I think where we potentially miss out in the UK is lack of free or available fishing for children. I've always fished, from starting at an age I don't remember with a small net, netting for minnows and sticklebacks - that's how I started... and crabbing, first proper fishing rod at 6, took up flyfishing at 10. No one in my family really fished. My Great Grandfather salmon fished but I never met him. My Grandfather did take me fly fishing the first couple of times but sadly never took it up. The reason I could afford to fish as a child was because children's permits on Ardleigh were very cheap and I sold my catch :) Before that I drowned maggots and worms and never got into trouble anywhere - apart from once but that's another story!

Catching fish believe it or not I don't believe is essential. Have you considered hand net fishing and a jam jar for kindergarden kids? We used to catch tadpoles and all sorts of small fishes. That's what got me hooked... a fascination for what's in the water.

Anyway Fishing for Schools is really fantastic and I'm delighted to hear that it's a success!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks for a great week Charles! A fantastic week fishing here. Hope to catch up soon :)

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Massew
Answers: 0

Post by Massew »

Thank you Charles. :)
IFFF CCI
"The motives of fishermen are dreadfully obscure" - David Eddings
Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

Thanks for an insightful answer to the last question, and thanks for the week too, Charles! Hope to see you soon!

Lars
FunkyT

Post by FunkyT »

Nice to see you on her Charles.
T

Return to “A week with...”