PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Welcome Haysie (Peter Hayes, Tasmania!)

Moderator: Paul Arden

John Waters
Answers: 0

Post by John Waters »

Haysie wrote:
John Waters wrote:G'Day Peter, have to get together for a cast and a chat. Been a long time.

John
G'day John,

I agree John. Life is too short - as you know.

I'd love to talk you into completing your IFFF CI and MCI journey and would love to help. Maybe you can get down to the lodge at Cressy for the week of CI & MCI continuing Education. August 15 - 19. Details are on my website.

You have much to contribute.
Thanks Peter, so true mate. I started the process but after some "interesting" reaction from some here in Australia, I lost a bit of interest.

Catch up one day.
Haysie

Post by Haysie »

Lasse Karlsson wrote:
Walter wrote:Remind me. Which one of you two is Peter? Or is Peter a construct of the matrix? :p
With skills like his, he might very well be :cool:

Red or blue pill?

Cheers
Lasse
Peter is Peter is Peter. When you use a chopstick there need be no rotation, You can have pure translation with the chopstick at 90 degrees to the line travel. That means the Translation must be the casting stroke :oh:

And .... furthermore.... we cannot be fly casting if we are using a chopstick...... Because we are not using a fly rod Lasse ! :D
Haysie

Post by Haysie »

John Waters wrote:
Haysie wrote:
John Waters wrote:G'Day Peter, have to get together for a cast and a chat. Been a long time.

John
G'day John,

I agree John. Life is too short - as you know.

I'd love to talk you into completing your IFFF CI and MCI journey and would love to help. Maybe you can get down to the lodge at Cressy for the week of CI & MCI continuing Education. August 15 - 19. Details are on my website.

You have much to contribute.
Thanks Peter, so true mate. I started the process but after some "interesting" reaction from some here in Australia, I lost a bit of interest.

Catch up one day.
I can assure you that there is a bigger picture than the "interesting" reaction from some here in Australia,
I think you should come and play with us... You would enjoy some of the players tremendously John.
Walter

Post by Walter »

The God of fly casting has spoken. Thanks Peter! I'll try the non fly cast. And now the law of conservation of silliness dictates that I ask a silly question to offset my previous serious question (unfortunately Paul and Lasse's inputs don't count because they exist in a sillier dimension), so... Why is it that people in the Southern Hemisphere don't fall off the earth? :p
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Peter, thanks for giving us your worldly casting thoughts :) :cool: I hope you have a wonderful trip to the US. See you next summer somewhere!!

Cheers, Paul

PS to answer Walter's question it's because they have chewing gum stuck to their shoes. :p
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Walter

Post by Walter »

That makes sense. Obviously I need to break out the last of the Unicum. I've been saving it for just such an emergency.
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Bernd Ziesche

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

Damned, I missed out this one!

Paul, can you ask Peter to hang on one more answer to my following question, please? :p

Hi Peter,
thanks for all your fine input here.

I remember to have seen you demoing a special retrieving technique how to gain highest possible retrieving speed. If I remember correct you were using your hands both as a pulley?
I am very interested in knowing what speed in m/s you achieve with it?
And of course ... is there a description how precisely it's done?
I tried it but couldn't nearly handle the friction I got by the line running around my fingers.
Ok, that was more than one question. But all in all it's just one about your fine art of retrieving the line ultra fast. ;)
Thanks a lot!
Bernd
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.

Return to “A week with...”