PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

New to the board

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
Singlespey79
Answers: 0

New to the board

Post by Singlespey79 »

New to the board from the UK having used Sexyloops as a consistent reference point to improving my fishing & casting for several years. I have found Paul’s casting videos to be an excellent and valuable resource, being the mechanics of casting is an aspect of my fishing that I find myself invariably absorbed in. The understanding of a particular cast - what I’m doing (or at least trying to do!) and the evolution that comes with it's application is all part of the fun.
Mainly targeting trout in the UK, fishing both rivers lakes/lochs – I do feel a need to remedy this and target other species on my fly fishing journey. Are there many others out there feel the same way? Fly fishing the flats of Florida for Tarpon would be amazing, alas it will have to be something more closer to home I think!
Anyway, although I’m not one for posting comments generally in social media, I’m happy to finally join the board and you never know there may be a topic of conversation I can contribute to in the future.
Cheers
Michael
Bendix

Re: New to the board

Post by Bendix »

Hi Michael

Welcome to Sexyloops!

/Bendix
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Hey Michael, welcome to the Board!!

I had a big love affair with trout but I have to say, if I never caught another one that would be fine with me now. I’m sure I will but I’ve stopped organising my life around them. So I understand you!

I also really fancy the SW stuff. But in an affordable way!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
James9118

Post by James9118 »

Hi Michael - good to have you here.

Cheers, James
jarmo
Answers: 1

Post by jarmo »

Welcome!
Singlespey79 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:32 pm The understanding of a particular cast - what I’m doing (or at least trying to do!) and the evolution that comes with it's application is all part of the fun.
Indeed, I find this part of the fun too. Then again, for me, the other part of the fun is best explained by this quote from George Roberts Jr:
No matter what you think "advanced fly casting" entails, make no mistake: it is from the devilish details that make up the basic stroke that truly masterful fly casting emerges. No fly-fisher can hope to master the fly rod without first mastering the basic stroke. In some ways, no fly-fisher ever really moves beyond the fundamentals.
I can not say that "no fly-fisher moves beyond the fundamentals," but at least I feel like it.
Singlespey79 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:32 pm Mainly targeting trout in the UK, fishing both rivers lakes/lochs – I do feel a need to remedy this and target other species on my fly fishing journey. Are there many others out there feel the same way?
For variety, conservation, or both?
Singlespey79

Post by Singlespey79 »

Really about variety and experiencing something different. Be it the skill set needed for fishing for another type of fish, including being able to locate, apply applicable casting techniques and how to play them. I tie my own flies and so tying a totally different type of fly would be interesting. My wife's Grandad always said 'variety is the spice of life'.

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”