PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

New to the board from Sweden

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
Jonas Fredriksson
Answers: 0

Post by Jonas Fredriksson »

Hi!
My name is Jonas Fredriksson. I live in the northern part of Sweden and have been fly fishing for around 12 years. In the season I fish mainly for brown trout in the river that my fishing club have access to. I also try to do a few trips to small mountain lakes/rivers every summer and Im always looking for new places to fish. Off season, I fish for wathever I can catch at that time: grayling, european whitefish, perch, pike. I also do a lot of ice fishing in the winter targeting arctic char and sometimes brown trout. I have been following the sexyloops webpage for a few years and have found the manuals to be very useful. I recently moved to the southern part of Sweden to study at a University. This region does not really have any good fishing spots (part from the coast) so at the moment Im not fishing as much as I would like to.
Cheers Jonas
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Jonas!

Welcome to the Board! I had good fishing in Northern Sweden last year - everything was great apart from the price :D

Stefan and I are considering the options of holding the 20 years of Sexyloops Gathering in Sweden next September. If so it will be great to meet you!

How is the coastal fishing? Better than Denmark? :cool:

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Paul Arden wrote:
How is the coastal fishing? Better than Denmark? :cool:

Cheers, Paul
No :p

Welcome to the board Jonas, where in southern Sweden?

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Jonas Fredriksson

Post by Jonas Fredriksson »

Thanks for the welcoming!
Where in Sweden did you go Paul? If you come back to Sweden I'd be happy to show you some secret spots. There are lots of fishing waters in Sweden that are really good, but the ones that doesn't cost a fortune to fish are either privately owned or kept secret by the locals :P

I am staying in Lund, Lasse. But the moment I am doing an exchange semester in Germany and will be back in Lund in februari. I haven't actually tried the coastal fishing there yet but I know it should be pretty good. How it compares to Denmark I don't really know. Scince I will be studying here for four more years I think I'm going to have to learn it. If not I will be getting mad from the lack of fishing :P There are also two classical rivers not too far away. Emån and Mörrumsån have good sea trout/salmon fishing but it is expensive.

Cheers
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hello and welcome fellow Swede!

/Thomas
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Jonas

Cool! Then you'll be back for the start of the best time on the south coast of Sweden :)

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I don't know. I never know these things :p I fished a few days with Stefan Siikavaara and friends. It wasn't just the fishing that was expensive. Everything was expensive! Especially beer which is an important part of my diet. But it was a fantastic place and I will return!

I know that I will catch many thousands more trout in my life but if I never caught another I wouldn't miss it. .

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Paul,

Alcoholism used to be a big problem in Sweden. The state has since found it important to control and limit the consumtion of alcohol. It does this by only allowing alcohol to be sold in certain shops and by taxing it heavily. A bit irritating for those of us that don't have a drinking problem..

Cheers Thomas
Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

Welcome, Jonas!
Studying in Lund - quite a privilige I think, being an archaeologist as I am :-).

Be careful in here - you'll find a Whole new normal after a months :-)

Lars (Aarhus, Denmark).
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

G'day Jonas,

Welcome to the board.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”