PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

New Member - UK - North West

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
AndyHendersonUK
Answers: 0

Post by AndyHendersonUK »

Hello all,

Just joined Sexyloops, after watching some of the videos, and reading a lot of the content on the website.

-Started fly fishing in September 2017
-Less interested in actual fish, and more interested in getting a consistent casting style established
-Fish on large still waters, and looking to progress to Sea fly fishing during the summer months. Wrasse, Pollock and Bass being the target :yeahhh:

-Still working on the double haul - Need the distance to get to the fish sometimes on my local stillwater
-Reading about the minimum power during the cast was a revaluation - Thanks Paul
-Short hauls on the rotation of the rod butt has really started helping with the casts as well

Look forward to meeting to you all, and continuing to learn and hopefully improve my casting!

Regards,

Andy
James9118

Post by James9118 »

Hi Andy,

There's lots of great casters in the North West, mostly they are very ugly though but don't hold that against them :D
Have you had a casting lesson? Being as you're just starting off getting a couple of lessons in straight away will benefit hugely in getting some great fundamentals established.
Beyond that, try and hang out with some good casters and you'll soon be up there with them.
And above anything else, have fun.

James
Lee Cummings

Post by Lee Cummings »

Richard Gere who posted above is correct, there is lots of good casters up here.

We are hosting a Fly Casting World Championships here in Cumbria this year and will be out casting most days, you are welcome to come and meet / have a cast with the team Andy.

Cheers
Lee
AndyHendersonUK

Post by AndyHendersonUK »

Thanks for the reply's guys,

Working offshore as on 5 weeks rotations can make attending some events difficult.

I've got my 3rd lesson booked for I get back ashore.

But I'm going to make the every effort to get to any casting events I can. I just stumbled across "Berlins" theory of fly casting on the board as well which is a a very interesting read.

Do either of you know of any casting clubs near Liverpool / Chester.

Thanks,

Andy H
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: New Member - UK - North West

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the Board!! Not sure of any casting clubs there but James might know. They have BFCC meets around the country.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”