PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Bill Ruland

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
bruland3
Answers: 0

Bill Ruland

Post by bruland3 »

I've been a FFi CI since March 2015. I teach a fly fishing course at Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, WV. I've been fly fishing more seriously for about 15 years. I'm also the president of the Antietam Fly Anglers, an FFi Charter Club. Our club teaches fly casting at a local park every Saturday morning at 9 o'clock, for whomever shows up, weather permitting. Of course, this year, we haven't had much luck with the weather since we have had so much precipitation. Also, our club runs a Fly Casters Rendezvous each year and this year it's on Saturday, April 27. Our club website is www.afa-md.org.

I need to get back to saltwater fishing. The first several times a number of years ago were a complete washout. Fun but a washout.

I'm retired from the US federal government too.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Bill Ruland

Post by Paul Arden »

Hey welcome to the Board, Bill.

I’m very curious to hear about the University fly fishing course. I dropped out of University to go fishing. I might have stayed had it been available. :D

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
easterncaster
Answers: 0

Bill Ruland

Post by easterncaster »

Hey Bill,

Nice to see your name on the board!

Craig

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”