PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

New to the Board from NY

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
Taylor8
Answers: 0

New to the Board from NY

Post by Taylor8 »

Hello from Upstate NY (many hours away from the Big city). I first want to thank Paul and everyone on the Board who provide a wealth of fly casting knowledge! It’s been great following the dialogue and I apologize ahead of time if I ask questions that have been covered in the past.

As for me, I’m just another guy who got into fly fishing and then realized I needed to learn how to fly cast too. Of course, the learning process led to fly casting being a whole separate passion from fly fishing. There isn’t much for casting competitions near me so I’m typically that odd guy casting at a park competing against myself. I do draw some interesting looks and comments which makes for a good laugh or two. Competing against yourself is what fly casting is all about anyway right?

Now I just need to figure out which HT to buy first :)
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: New to the Board from NY

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Taylor and a big welcome from me! :D

I think we have a few guys who sometimes post from NY. Craig Buckbee and John Field, both very fine casters and instructors indeed!

Catching up with my emails! Will send your one later today :D

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Taylor8

Post by Taylor8 »

Craig gave my father and I a casting lesson a couple years ago. Like you said, great caster and instructor!
easterncaster

Post by easterncaster »

Hey Taylor - great to see your name on the board !

Thanks for the kind words. I recall you to be a mighty fine caster. Hope your dad is doing well.

Cold enough for you these past few days? I was outside today casting a few lines, getting things figured for some Bonefish interviewing this coming week.

I have one of Paul's Hot Torpedos, 5 Competition. aka a 6 in disguise :glare: :D ... which you are more than welcome to give a try.

CB
Taylor8

Post by Taylor8 »

Hey Craig! It’s a bit tough to get some casting practice in when you hands go numb rigging up. I’m coming off a shoulder surgery and last week got my first casts in at the park in about 3 months. Where to are you heading to for those bones?

Hope to catch up with you this year maybe at a Catskill Casting Club practice or something. I reached out to Per recently as things were fairly quiet last year and he said there would be a notice coming out soon.

I’d take you up on testing that HT! I might have the Comp V2 on order 😉.

-Taylor
Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

Welcome to the MadHouse, Taylor :-).

Lars
Taylor8

Post by Taylor8 »

Thanks Lars! Quite a few rabbit holes to go down reading past Board discussions 🙂
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

If you get offered a choice between a red or a blue pill by a suspicious looking dude in sunglasses at any point in those rabbit holes, turn around and run Taylor, run I tell ya 😎

And be aware of the mad Viking 😜

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”