PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Andreas from Germany

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
Moskito
Answers: 0

Andreas from Germany

Post by Moskito »

Hello everyone,
I´m Andreas, 45 years old, from Augsburg, Germany. This isn`t my first time here, I`ve actually been here before.

Fishing is a part of my life ever since my grandfather took me out one day, cut a stick off of a tree, tied some line to the tip of it, added some cork and a hook, and taught me how to catch trout. And I did. I was 4 years old. Ever since then I have loved to go fishing. Pretty cheesy, I know.

In 1991/92 I spent a year in the USA and discovered flyfishing. My hostfather had a bunch of old flyrods laying around the garage. So I dusted them off, tried them out in the backyard and off I went fishing the waters in Idaho. I didnt`t know anything back then. But I loved flyfishing.
Back home, I bought as much tackle as I could afford back then, took some casting lessons and started catching fish.
Some time during those years I discovered sexyloops. It quickly became my go to site for information on everything around flyfishing and the occasional laugh at all the nutters on here.

I have been away from fishing for a few years, chasing women, driving fast cars and working my ass off, but this year I decided to take it up again. One of the first things I did, was check to see if sexyloops was still around. And fuck me here I am.

I can`t tell you how thrilled I was when I saw Paul selling HIS OWN ROD! So today I am sitting here nervously waiting for my HT 4wt to be delivered. And I will be a proud member of the HT owners`s club.

Cheers Paul and everyone else. I`m glad to be back.

P.S. I have no idea, why my post shows up all funny. It looks fine in the draft. When I post it, it gets messed up. If anyone know what I`m doing wrong, give me a shout.
Graeme H

Re: Andreas from Germany

Post by Graeme H »

Moskito wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:11 am Hello everyone,
I´m Andreas, 45 years old, from Augsburg, Germany. This isn`t my first time here, I`ve actually been here before.

Fishing is a part of my life ever since my grandfather took me out one day, cut a stick off of a tree, tied some line to the tip of it, added some cork and a hook, and taught me how to catch trout. And I did. I was 4 years old. Ever since then I have loved to go fishing. Pretty cheesy, I know.

In 1991/92 I spent a year in the USA and discovered flyfishing. My hostfather had a bunch of old flyrods laying around the garage. So I dusted them off, tried them out in the backyard and off I went fishing the waters in Idaho. I didn't know anything back then. But I loved flyfishing.
Back home, I bought as much tackle as I could afford back then, took some casting lessons and started catching fish.
Some time during those years I discovered sexyloops. It quickly became my go to site for information on everything around flyfishing and the occasional laugh at all the nutters on here.
G'day Adreas,

Welcome to the forum.

There's something quirky about the apostrophe on your keyboard. Every time you use it, it starts up the mathematics code in the forum software. When you use it again, it toggles that mode off. When I replace it with an apostrophe from my machine, it works fine.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
Moskito

Post by Moskito »

Hm. Funny that is. Let me try something.

Maybe this'll work.

Alright. It did. Used a different key. Cheers Graeme!
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

No problems. :D
FFi CCI
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Welcome to the Board, Andreas! Or indeed, welcome back!!! :D :cool: