PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Greetings - another from Oz

If you are new to the board please tell us about yourself...
Thommo
Answers: 0

Re: Greetings - another from Oz

Post by Thommo »

queenfish wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:06 pm Hi Thommo

Great to see Murray cod on surface flies or poppers.
I used to fish deep water river a lot, I can say fished from the beginning to the end of the river, with poppers only.
My preferred place at older age was deep water station, if you know the place.
in the video that place looks like Ben falls area.
ohh how I miss fishing that places now.

Good to see you in here, hope you show us some more of your fishing.

cheers Vince.
Hi Vince. Yes, have fished the Deep Water, but not at the station you mention.

No, it's not Ben Falls, another 'secret' creek which I found in the 2019 drought, but which sadly had a massive Murray Cod kill later in the drought & is now a shadow of its former self. Hoping it comes good again in a few years.

All it has done here recently is rain, so fishing has been quite limited due to every stream being flooded. I've resorted to chasing carp in Chaffey while I wait for the carp river to resume normal transmission!
queenfish

Post by queenfish »

Sad to hear the fish kill, well it's OZ drought and floods are common, once I saw a bird don't know what kind, tossing the small rocks from the river bed the water was just keeping the ground wet, it was looking and picking some thing, I was fishing in a deep pool, I went and turned around some rocks,
underneath one of them there was a pool of water with baby cod in it, took it and put it in the big pool, that's how tough they are.
Carp fishing you talking my language,
20th to 27th of Feb. we some friends are going to keepit dam, which we do a few times a year.
Hope your fishing improves a lot.
Did you catch any trout in Chaffey dam?.
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

queenfish wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:57 am Sad to hear the fish kill, well it's OZ drought and floods are common, once I saw a bird don't know what kind, tossing the small rocks from the river bed the water was just keeping the ground wet, it was looking and picking some thing, I was fishing in a deep pool, I went and turned around some rocks,
underneath one of them there was a pool of water with baby cod in it, took it and put it in the big pool, that's how tough they are.
Carp fishing you talking my language,
20th to 27th of Feb. we some friends are going to keepit dam, which we do a few times a year.
Hope your fishing improves a lot.
Did you catch any trout in Chaffey dam?.
Keepit is good for carp, though harder on fly now it is full. Last time we were there we were getting small carp on surface flies! My mate also hooked & dropped a decent one.

Chaffey, I'm going for carp too.

queenfish

Post by queenfish »

just came back from Keepit.
fishing was very easy, going to the locations in boat than fishing the shores, 100 fish a day was no problem between the 3 of us, before the rain comes down.
As you mentioned mostly smaller ones, around 40 to 60 cm, very few big ones that we used to catch before.
We planed to go to chaffy as well, with a friend who lives close there, but the weather stopped us.

What about this weather, I hardly made it home from the floods on Saturday, lucky we left one day early.
Every dam is overflowing in S/E QLD now, most places in Brisbane under water, scary when you watch the news.

Nice fish in the picture, that size was a good one on the day, there were very few bigger ones than that, in the deeper holes.

Return to “New to the Board, Introductions”