PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Square snaps

Moderator: Torsten

Dirk le Roux

Re: Square snaps

Post by Dirk le Roux » Wed May 13, 2020 10:15 pm

gordonjudd wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:54 pm
What program are you using...?
Hi Gordy

I trace the lines in Archicad and print pdf from there using Foxit Reader PDF Printer. Its default settings printing there is 'vector', not 'raster'. When you open the pdf you will see lines load as lines, not a bunch of pixels.

The workflow goes like this: import footage into Tracker and make sure that time and dimension settings are correct. Trace the line markers at regular intervals. I use rather large time intervals, which helps combat ripple. Copy the desired data to Excel and create the charts. The first chart I published for this thread has both the unsmoothed data and their moving average trend lines. The subsequent charts show just the values as copied from Tracker (I averaged between different marker tracks for each leg). For the fingerprint composites, I copy regular frames from Tracker into Archicad, trace and output as described.

Regards, Dirk

gordonjudd

Re: Square snaps

Post by gordonjudd » Thu May 14, 2020 2:56 pm

I trace the lines in Archicad and print pdf from there using Foxit Reader PDF Printer.
Dirk,
I can imagine tracing all of those line shapes took a lot of tedious effort and admire your perseverance in producing such interesting overlays of two waves propagating on the same line .

I was hoping that you had found a way to pick out line shapes automatically as I have found edge detection methods don't produce useful results in getting isolated line shapes in MATLAB.

Thanks for all of your effort.

Gordy

Return to “Flycasting Physics”