PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

FP by James today

Forum for discussing fisheries conservation and other environmental issues related to fish, wildlife, watersheds, and aquatic ecosystems.

Moderators: Harps, mattklara

Zhongxiang
Answers: 0

FP by James today

Post by Zhongxiang »

It's my first BFCC season and has been fantastic! I enjoyed every meeting (4 in total) that I attended. Met many nice people as the membership card says " THE FRIENDLY HOME OF GOOD CASTING" :D. Recalling the first meeting where I started to learn distance casting in May, I virtually had no idea about what distance casting is.

What James didn't mention in the FP is that I was initially attracted to his casting the ST27 thereafter he has been teaching me personally over the past months as well as I got tips from other casters in the club. Besides, I also had the lucky chance to meet and learn from Paul not long ago. I would like to thank all of you guys that made my progress and improvements, I couldn't make one inch further without each of you especially coach James. :p

A big congratulation to year's champion Matt! Great castings and super nice guy :pirate:

Best
Zhongxiang
James9118

FP by James today

Post by James9118 »

Hi Zhongxiang,

It's been great to see the progress you've made in such a short time, I'm sure your win will be the first of many. All the practice you've put in has definitely paid off and that 120ft with a five weight is probably going to happen very soon. If you continue with the current rate of progress you'll be challenging Matt next year for the title :cool: .

All the best, James.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

FP by James today

Post by Paul Arden »

That's great Zhongxiang, you have excellent casting style. I expect to see you at the Worlds! Are you training for next year's championships?

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Zhongxiang

FP by James today

Post by Zhongxiang »

James9118 wrote: It's been great to see the progress you've made in such a short time.
You know it, All because of you :p
James9118 wrote: If you continue with the current rate of progress you'll be challenging Matt next year for the title :cool: .
Broke the rod 2 weeks ago when fishing for pike :( , Now waiting for Paul's HT10 coming in :pirate:
Paul Arden wrote:you have excellent casting style. I expect to see you at the Worlds! Are you training for next year's championships?
In my mind I actually want to rotate with explosive power but I always find myself looked over relax or being too smooth on footage.
If you meant competing I think I can forget about it :D but I'll be there to watch and learn from top casters.
Some of the events are too heavy for me so I only focus on few. Hopefully next year can break 120 :blush:

Best
Zhongxiang
Paul Arden
Site Admin

FP by James today

Post by Paul Arden »

You should have a go Zhongxiang, from what I can see so far there'll be more Jersey competitors than UK! Competing next year would set you up well for 2020 and it's all good experience.

Video is always disappointing :D

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

FP by James today

Post by Paul Arden »

Or representing China? That would be very cool indeed :cool:

Flycasting Definitions
Zhongxiang

FP by James today

Post by Zhongxiang »

LOL. Paul, It sounds like I am going to be the first Chinese WC caster in history :O
Well, let's see where the practice can take me. Might have a go if my coach James thinks I am ready :D

Best
Zhongxiang
Paul Arden
Site Admin

FP by James today

Post by Paul Arden »

I hope you do dude. I can't tell if you are a natural or if James is the best tutor on the planet but both ways I'm taking note! Fantastic casting.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Daily Planet”