PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Handling Sailfish

Forum for discussing fisheries conservation and other environmental issues related to fish, wildlife, watersheds, and aquatic ecosystems.

Moderators: Harps, mattklara

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Handling Sailfish

Post by Paul Arden »

Yes of course. It was a PUALD shot.
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
James9118
Answers: 0

Post by James9118 »

The reason I ask is because I've seen a number of videos where the line is straightened by the boats motion rather than the act of fly casting.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

No, what happened is as the fish teased in, I place the line out to the other side of the boat, “cast” is called and I made a PUALD shot with a change of direction across the back of the boat to lead the fish. It’s not a difficult cast but of course it’s a pressure cast. The problem is hooking them IMO.

I would like to have spent more time on the free-swimmers. I missed one of those on the previous trip (and had one in Australia). I’m sure I’ll get to spend much more time on them in the future. The most important thing was to land a bloody fish :D

Cheers, Paul
Attachments
E3F71E29-88D9-444C-A4F2-A0313F24C3AC.jpeg
E3F71E29-88D9-444C-A4F2-A0313F24C3AC.jpeg (70.08 KiB) Viewed 2340 times
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Daily Planet”