PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

gidday to all

Taraute
Answers: 0

gidday to all

Post by Taraute »

hi there all
thought it would be the right thing to do by jumping on in and introducing myself.
I reside in the central north island of New Zealand, on the southern end of mt ruapehu,, I am of middle spread (whoops) I mean middle age,, have been learning the art of fly fishing for approximately 4 years, self taught with the help of awesome forums like this one, you tube and the likes, ,, I just can't get enough of it guys,,,, sawmilling 4 days a week, which is hard work ,, no no ,,, really it is,,, :whistle: ,,,,, it's hard, because I only have the chance to get out fishing twice a week, ,,
well that's enough bla bla for now,,,
will enjoy chatting to you,,, bye for now
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

gidday to all

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Bob, and welcome to the Board! :cool:

I used to spend a lot of time every year in Turangi, a great fishery! I ran the northern circuit of Ruapehu for one of my birthdays! I was a bit weird back then :p

Never fished south of the volcano when I was there however. Do you get up to Taupo much? I hear that there was a big decline in fish size, but this was some time ago. I hope it's back to normal.

Cheers, paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Taraute
Answers: 0

gidday to all

Post by Taraute »

hi Paul
well, no I haven't had a crack at anything north of volcanoes, ,, but certainly on the cards,,,
I guess I like the idea of practically having the river all to myself ,, , plus the browns are only 5 minutes away,, and the bows 15 minutes, ,, I generally go out every friday ,, even if it's only for a practice session....
and in saying that,, I could easily sit on a rock all day and watch the water go by... very passionate about it all (others call it obsessive :???: ) ...hope you dont mind the personal intrusion but, where are you based now Paul?
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

gidday to all

Post by Paul Arden »

Currenty in Hungary. But all over the place. Romania following weekend, and Bosnia late September. End of October I'm in Queensland, then maybe SI NZ and Malaysia for the rest of the winter. I do have a house in Hungary but I don't spend much time here!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Beginners”