PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

New quiet member until now

stibra
Answers: 0

Post by stibra »

Hi all,

My name is Ratko and I live in Zagreb, Croatia. I have started to fly fish one year ago, mostly trout, grayling on rivers Kupa, Dobra, Vitunjčica and canal in Prelog. Also, almost every day after work, fishing or learning to cast on small town lake and river Sava, chasing chub, asp and perch and other small white fish.

Recently I went crazy about double handed rods, bought 2 rods and converted other 2 single handed to double.
First fishing result with double handed was on Sunday on river Gacka, nice brownie and rainbow trout.
Still learning to cast with Scandi heads and even more problems with Skagit setup with fast sinking tips and big streamers.

I think in middle January I got crazy idea to motivate some friends and start Fly fishing event in Croatia, to help me and other newbies to make access to people, information and tackle easier! There is very limited choice of fly fishing tackle in Croatia, so only way is to use eBay and few online shops in Europe. The biggest problem for beginners is how to select cheaper and good enough tackle to start with.

Also, some "great" fly fishing people here are not very happy with sharing the information, but with some luck you can find or they will come to you without asking for help, some really incredibly nice and modest guys with 20-30 years of experience in fly fishing.
To make networking easier for newbies and some experienced people, I hope that event will make sense. Fly casting and fly tying competion, also casting lessons are quite normal for that kind of event.
More details on http://suhamuha.blogspot.com (pleae use Google Translate for now, later will add info in English)

I hope Paul will carve this event in his calendar :)
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Ratko, and welcome to the Board! Can you tell me where the event is to be held? I have a couple of Malaysian friends visiting at that time and we intend to fish Bosnia. Hopefully we can attend one day at least. I do have a problem with my phone and can't unlock it :p So I can't whatsapp them to see if they want to come, however I am seeing them tomorrow and will ask them.
They're flying into and out of Zagreb but I can't remember exactly when!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
stibra
Answers: 0

Post by stibra »

Location is Ogulin, river Vitunjčica, one hour driving from Zagreb. Dates are 30-31.05.2015, weekend. Check your email!

First day is general event and second day is planned for the master casting class (with you) in the morning and fishing in the afternoon. It would be great if you can come at least on Saturday afternoon to make veneral presentation and sleep overnight to continue next day in the morning.

River Vitunjčica is full of brown trout now and some very big rainbows (75 cm caught two weeks ago), also river Dobra is few minutes from the event location. Dobra is great for grayling fishing, it was perfect last season. It could be fun for your friends!

Return to “Beginners”