PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Joining In

Tinker
Answers: 0

Joining In

Post by Tinker »

Good day! I've stopped lurking and have joined the Sexyloops Board.

I live in the States, on the coast of Oregon, near a legendary trout and Pacific salmon stream. I'm looking forward to following the Board and learning from all of you.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Joining In

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Kevin! And a very good day to you too :cool:

Oregon? Do you chase elusive Steelhead as well? Oregon is one of States I haven't fished yet. I understand that there are lots of forests (which is good!) and night fishing is illegal?

Welcome to the Board!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Eagle Crest

Joining In

Post by Eagle Crest »

Kevin, welcome. I'm located in Central Oregon. Glad to have a local join.

Steve
Veni, Vidi, Pisci
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Joining In

Post by Paul Arden »

Matt Klara is over there too. Sounds like there's some great Imaginary Steelhead fishing :cool:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Eagle Crest

Joining In

Post by Eagle Crest »

Matt has been very scarce and that's halfway to imaginary for himself.

Yes, there's good steelhead fishing around these parts. I don't fish for SH myself anymore. I did when I was much younger and used gear. IMHO, SH fishing brings the worse out in humanity, myself included. I did buy a 13ft 8wt 2H rod this year and learned to spey cast. So I'm ready with both 1H and 2H methods, just not inclined. I'll let others combat fish for SH and I'll fish elsewhere and seek other challenges. We have plenty where I live.

Steve
Veni, Vidi, Pisci
Massew

Joining In

Post by Massew »

Eagle Crest wrote:IMHO, SH fishing brings the worse out in humanity, myself included.
That makes me curious. Is it that you forget everything else?

Welcome Tinker. :)
IFFF CCI
"The motives of fishermen are dreadfully obscure" - David Eddings
Eagle Crest

Joining In

Post by Eagle Crest »

Massew,
I hate to ruminate like a philosopher, so I’ll be brief. Don’t get me wrong, steelhead are magnificent fish and catching them is special. But like the One Ring in The Lord of the Rings, it has malevolent powers over those who partake, IMHO. There are some people who effectively resist, and they are special people indeed. Others tend to exhibit more coarse, uncivilized tendencies, and I am among those. I choose other fishing if I have a choice between the two.

Steve
Veni, Vidi, Pisci
Massew

Joining In

Post by Massew »

Eagle Crest wrote:Massew,
I hate to ruminate like a philosopher, so I’ll be brief. Don’t get me wrong, steelhead are magnificent fish and catching them is special. But like the One Ring in The Lord of the Rings, it has malevolent powers over those who partake, IMHO. There are some people who effectively resist, and they are special people indeed. Others tend to exhibit more coarse, uncivilized tendencies, and I am among those. I choose other fishing if I have a choice between the two.

Steve
I'm glad I don't live where the steelheads are. I wouldn't be able to resist the urge, but I hope I one day get the chance to fish for them.

Cheers, Massew
IFFF CCI
"The motives of fishermen are dreadfully obscure" - David Eddings
Nick

Joining In

Post by Nick »

Steelhead are just big, dumb, trout. Especially the ones in Oregon!

I miss living in Oregon.

N.
Tinker

Joining In

Post by Tinker »

Steelhead fishing is rarely up to the hype and mystique that surround it, and sadly, their numbers are dwindling fast. We expect to se them given federal protection as threatened fairly soon.

Thank you for the welcome. Nothing I like more than learning and you all have a lot that you can teach a knuckle-headed Yank.

Return to “Beginners”