PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Newcomer to sexy loops

VGB
Answers: 0

Newcomer to sexy loops

Post by VGB »

Paul Arden wrote:I'll try not to. Mr T is more worried for the tigers and says they'll be making fires when they smell my socks.
Have you still got the pork chops in your pockets from last year?

I knew about the video because I was getting line twisting. However, it was only in the light lines I use for the small streams, where I do limited overhead casting because of the greenery. Lots of rolls, water hauls and anything that gets the line out really.
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
John Finn

Newcomer to sexy loops

Post by John Finn »

Ok I'm really going to have to do this now. My wife wants to know why we have suddenly developed a landing strip in her beautiful woodland garden. Scientific research wont cut it. :whistle: ..............John
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Newcomer to sexy loops

Post by Paul Arden »

Photos please! :)
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
John Finn

Newcomer to sexy loops

Post by John Finn »

Not a good idea after all. I have now proved that you may draw what appears to be a straight line on a fly line but as soon as you pick it up you will never see it again. Round profile lines are constantly twisting slightly when moved. Bleeding obvious :blush:
Undaunted I then went on to prove more of the bleeding obvious. Pulled 12m of my new black and pale yellow line past the top ring and taped it so that it could not turn. Why?....... To see if I could if I could form twists in the line outside the rod tip which would actually stay in the line. Half an hour later of constant oval - round casting, no twists. Cut the tape and more casting. Eventually slight twisting of the loop at the reel. :yeahhh: Paul you are dead on, A few more casts to the reel got rid of it.
To really really prove the bleeding obvious I put serious twists in the line by hand. Very easy to do ,just rolling between my fingers. This is where my new TIGER CAMO line came into its own. Very nice looking all twisted up.
I'm talking serious twists here much worse than real life, whatever that is.
The good news 5 or 6 good hard casts to the reel got rid of all this. Like I said OBVIOUS.
FOR SALE; one slightly used unique ,specially designed, hand made, TIGER CAMO line.ideal for jungle fishing.
OK i'm going to draw a line under this now. Ha .......................John
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Newcomer to sexy loops

Post by Paul Arden »

Fascinating! I now must do this too! Maybe you could bring the line to a Shootout in Essex or the Scottish Meet in Spain?

Thanks!
Paul

Flycasting Definitions
mikemycroft

Newcomer to sexy loops

Post by mikemycroft »

Well I've been away on work all week and just read through all the posts that John sparked off, and I've come to the conclusion I am a couple of grades below beginner cos I can't really follow what you're all on about....
Is there a part of the forum for "novice beginner" or "numpty", perhaps? I can't seem to visualise what you guys are describing in text, does that sound odd?

Cheers Mike
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Newcomer to sexy loops

Post by Paul Arden »

It's ok, Lasse's posts didn't make any sense to me either Mike :cool:

Flycasting Definitions
John Finn

Newcomer to sexy loops

Post by John Finn »

Its ok Mike ,it just means you have good casting technique and dont have the twisting line problem.Some of the stuff I put up there turned out to be crazy anyway. :blush:
Regards.........................John
mikemycroft

Newcomer to sexy loops

Post by mikemycroft »

Unfortunately John, I think the truth is I have so many "issues" with my casting, I haven't noticed the line twist... Yet... :D
I think it's a case of ignorance is bliss. But I've booked a day with a fly guide who I'm sure will help me get some basics straight.
Line twist here I come! :D
Could be room for a line twist forum based on the level of interest here though, there's a thought...
Cheers Mike
dabo

Newcomer to sexy loops

Post by dabo »

My name is Darek and finally :yeahhh: can say hello to Everyone!
Hope can get/keep some good tips to improve SH/DH...
competition preferred.
Looking for my weak points,i'd like to challenge it.
Cheers.

Return to “Beginners”