PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Carp

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Carp

Post by Paul Arden »

Forgot to get the recipe. Will try to remember again tomorrow. Basically it's carp and paprika. The more paprika and the less carp the better.
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
petevicar
Answers: 0

Carp

Post by petevicar »

If you are going to eat carp then it's a good idea to let the fish swim in clean water for 24 hrs before you kill it.
Carp can taste muddy and clean water really makes a difference.

I let the carp swim in the bath tub.
IANACI
Bernd Ziesche

Carp

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

Pete!
I am curious, if there isn't large carp in your lake??? :cool:
Cheers
Bernd
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.
petevicar

Carp

Post by petevicar »

Hi Bernd
There are carp up to about 20 Kilos. I sold the house in January and now have a small garden with no lake.

Pete
IANACI
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Carp

Post by Paul Arden »

Hungarian Carp Recipe no1

500g Carp
1kg paprika
Spoonful olive oil

Take 1kg paprika and fry with olive oil. Add water. Throw away the carp. Eat.

As a tasty side dish try cucumbers.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Blackwater

Carp

Post by Blackwater »

Sounds like the best carp recipe I have heard of Paul. I have tried eating carp a few times and although it wasn't terrible, it's not something I would try again. A friend I went to school with was Croatian and his mother used to cook carp every now and then. I tried her cooked carp and it sounds very much like your paprika recipe. Put as much seasoning, spices, sauces or whatever on top until you don't actually know you are eating fish at all. I think I would pass if ever offered again. :sick:
Thommo

Re: Carp

Post by Thommo »

Yesterday, from Chaffey Dam. Conditions were way less than ideal - too windy, overcast, water murky with a lot of algae. All combine to make sight fishing for carp (my current obsession) nearly impossible. But I spotted about 10, landed this one, got busted off by a bigger one trying to keep it out of the flooded trees.

BTW, in NSW you do not have to kill carp, you can return them to the water you caught them in, but cannot translocate them to another water. This from the NSW Fisheries website:

Is it illegal to return carp to the water?
It is not currently illegal to immediately return captured carp to the waters from which they were taken (defence under section 216 of the Fisheries Management Act). However, NSW DPI encourages recreational fishers to retain and utilise any captured carp rather than returning them live to the water.
ChaffeyCarp.jpg
ska1911

Post by ska1911 »

Hi!
I always wondered why most of my english-speaking friends think that it's strange to eat carp as here in Austria, especially in my region we eat carp. There are lots of carp ponds where they are farmed for eating. My favorite recipe is carp fish and chips and carp schnitzel :D
Cheers
Stefan
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Some Aussie carp on fly action from last Friday.

Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Nice,
I need to go to my dam, but after all that Brisbane rain it is still too full and dirty.

Return to “Flyfishing”