PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Lanyard segmented neck foam

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Lanyard segmented neck foam

Post by Paul Arden »

I meant this bit; I was wondering if it's magnets!
Attachments
necklanyard.jpg
necklanyard.jpg (42.03 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Ah, didn't see that one, would be smart of it is!

Cheers Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

I completely forgot about this! I don't seem to be getting notifications on posts i've commented on/started. Or do we have to remember what we've gone on to? :cool:

The white thing is a "Magnet-ique" magnetic fly patch, they are really amazing, invented by two guys from Brum! That's one of the very first ones, there is another section which goes on the back, it's green, but i can see flies on the white part better, and it's lighter. You need one of these, Paul! You can take the back plate off and attach them to anything like waders without it piercing the material. I've never lost a fly on one of these. :sorcerer:

Also, the bit you pointe out Paul is in fact a safety breakaway, but it just pushes in. It takes a LOT of force to break them apart, when i first got them i stupidly snapped them all together, and had a very hard time getting them apart.

I am indeed! Thank you, i have had quite a bit of interest in them, mine however, is a bit more pimped out, i should post a photo of it, it features some very nice aluminium clips to attach your tools, and a tippet holder, oh, and some gear keeper zingers!

Waistcoats are a pain mate, well in my opinion. I have the fishpond one too, but it's green. It didn't have a backpack, i think yours would be the wildhorse tech pack or something? I always took mine off when i reached a swim, as you say it got in the way of casting, and it weighed quite a lot even with nothing in. I only weigh 8.5 stone, so maybe the extra weight was beneficial in the stiff breezes.

Never tried a bumbag or a shoulder pack, i think that's the way i am heading. Have you thought about the Fishpond submersible Thunderhead Lumbar? I think this is the one i'm going to get, and it's not overly bulky.

All the best!

Nick
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Here is my personal one! All the best
20200110_230746.jpg
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside: